Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

A Wintery walk around Llyn Ystradau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Wintery walk around Llyn Ystradau

Following a trip on the Festiniog Railway the other day I was inspired to go back and recreat a photo of the railway from across the shores of LLyn Ystradau. Can safely say this is not pleasnt walking country, All the paths had turned to streams for the most part, not somewhere to go without wellies!

The weather was typical for Blaeanu Ffestiniog, miserable, although it was just good enough for the across the lake shots, by the time I'd walked round and had a peep roud the Moelwyn Lead/Zinc mine it had really started going downhill.

As always 14-42mm Autofocus was just that little bit off to get the railway in, sppose it's my own fault should have checked with LIve view as I was using the Tripod for once!

^ Trawsfynydd Nuclear power station in the distance, and the 1836 Festiniog Railway route over the hllls left

Waterfall, with pipe supplying the dressing floors of the Moelwyn mine

Merddin Emrys heads a rather long up train, the old Moelwyn tunnel visible just left of centre, as well as the original trackbed.

Re: A Wintery walk around Llyn Ystradau

I especially like the last shot. Now if you'd let the train run into shot by another second....
    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

I did, but shutter speed was too low and it blurred a little

Comment

Pity - it always happens like that. Its a lovely composition otherwise.

I had the same occurence when I was photographing the Hogwarts Express on the Glenfinnan viaduct some years back. Grr!!
        Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Last one for me as well.Second take on the scene would have been perfect ain't
          that always the way
          Iain

Comment

Working...
          X