Holes In Walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holes In Walls

All taken in a disused Compressor house in Trefor Granite Quarry wth my little legacy Vivitar 24mm lens.

I'm pretty happy with them - except maybe the sky in the 2nd one.

Re: Holes In Walls

Excellent, all of them. Well done

Mike
    Welshlandscaper

Comment

Very good, the sky in the first one is excellent. I like the texture and colour rendition in some of the others.
      Stephen

E620, 14-42, 40-150, 12-60HG 50-200HG

http://www.flickr.com/photos/112751525@N04/

Comment

Originally posted by Aquavit View Post
        Very good, the sky in the first one is excellent. I like the texture and colour rendition in some of the others.
        Yes fantastic textures.....any HDR-ish used on these.....??

Keith
        Keith

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68459774@N05

E500,E510 now dead,E520 (now retired),E600 and Grip,14-42,14-45,2x40-150,Sigmas 105 and 135-400 Now Dead..ex 25. Manfrotto 190. Plus lots of OM stuff.
        Now also 4 items from the dark side...........

Comment

Very nice exposures great detail the first shot is my favourite.
          Olympus E3] [E300] OMD-M5 12.50mm] ZD [40.150] ZD [14.45] ZD 50.200] ZD [14.54] ZD [35macro] ZD [11.22] ZD [1.4x EC- 14] ZD [EX-25] [RM. CB 1] [FL-36] [FL-50]
          Manfrotto Tripod.

Comment

Very interesting shots, I like them all.

I have been amazed at the number of old abandoned mine and quarry workings in Wales that anyone can still just wander around - no signs, barriers or concerns for H&S!! Ah, those were the days......
            Kevin

Comment

Thanks for the comments, all much appreciated!

If you go wandering round Dinorwic Quarry, you can find yourself very deep within the danger keep out zone (like a mile or so from any boundary) and still find danger signs!

Thers no HDR merging, but I did use th built in flash to fill in on all except numbers 1 and 4, that was natural light as the big doorway was right opposite and lit it up just right.

They've all had the midtone contrast increased to bring out the detail, and red and green has been cranked up to being out the colours (maybe a bit too much red as that brings out the noise too!)

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Clogwyn View Post
                Thanks for the comments, all much appreciated!

If you go wandering round Dinorwic Quarry, you can find yourself very deep within the danger keep out zone (like a mile or so from any boundary) and still find danger signs!

Thers no HDR merging, but I did use th built in flash to fill in on all except numbers 1 and 4, that was natural light as the big doorway was right opposite and lit it up just right.

They've all had the midtone contrast increased to bring out the detail, and red and green has been cranked up to being out the colours (maybe a bit too much red as that brings out the noise too!)
                Hi Alan, I have copied a couple of your shots and reduced the noise. With your permission I will add them to this thread. Let me know.
                Bob

To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
                GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Working...
                X