Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

7-14 photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-14 photos

Just got the lens yesterday, here's a couple of shots, love the lens already, there is virtually no curvature on the building at all, both shots at 7mm.

Comments welcome.

Paul

Re: 7-14 photos

Is it my screen or is the sky totally burnt out in number 2 ?
    Regards James.

Comment

Originally posted by E-3 View Post
      Is it my screen or is the sky totally burnt out in number 2 ?
      It's burnt out, James. Used to get White Sky Syndrome a lot with slide film - horrible conditions for outdoor photography. I'm sure Paul was only using it as an example of the excellent distortion-free characteristics of this remarkable lens!
      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
        It's burnt out, James. Used to get White Sky Syndrome a lot with slide film - horrible conditions for outdoor photography. I'm sure Paul was only using it as an example of the excellent distortion-free characteristics of this remarkable lens!
        No I did not mean to knock the picture, I just genuinely wondered if my screen needed calibrating again!
        Regards James.

Comment

I had a very brief shot of this lens at the last Scotland meet and it is awesome. I have no idea how you would fit any filter to it though
          My Flickr Home Page

Comment

Originally posted by gregles View Post
            I had a very brief shot of this lens at the last Scotland meet and it is awesome. I have no idea how you would fit any filter to it though
            You can't... shame.

And this is the only reason I still use my 11-22mm - because of the fact I can use filters on it.
            John

Comment

The sky was actually completely grey and overcast so it's not that far removed from what it looked like, but as the sky had no detail to begin with I decided not to bother trying to bring the intensity down.

Paul
              Last edited by Kiwi Paul; 21st July 2010, 08:36 AM.

Comment

I don't know what filters you would use with this lens anyway, using a polariser at extreme wide angles (12mm down) can produce uneven skies etc because the polarisation changes across the image.

Paul

Comment

Hey Paul

I know you're going to love this lens, I think its awesome and mine is almost permanently welded to my E-3. The distortion as you say, is almost negligible - it's capable of capturing some stunning 'wides'.

Looking forward to seeing many more shots from you using this lens
                  John

Comment

Originally posted by Woofmix View Post
                    I don't know what filters you would use with this lens anyway, using a polariser at extreme wide angles (12mm down) can produce uneven skies etc because the polarisation changes across the image.

Paul
                    ND Grads... ND110, IR720... I'd love to be able to capture some very long exposure shots with this lens; say at the waters edge etc. Sunsets often need bracketing (not just on this lens - but on most).
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by theMusicMan View Post
                      ND Grads... ND110, IR720... I'd love to be able to capture some very long exposure shots with this lens; say at the waters edge etc. Sunsets often need bracketing (not just on this lens - but on most).
                      It'd need to be a large filter to take in the 114 degree FOV! But I agree, it'd be nice. The biggest problem I have using the lens is flare - you need to be quite creative at times to shade the lens to stop it happening.

Having said that, it's just a superb bit of kit.
                      John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery

Comment

ep, I've often struggled with lens flare with the 7-14mm... and on one occasion getting a quite remarkable flare result.
                        John

Comment

Working...
                        X