Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Nuthatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuthatch

Had a fantastic day at Kew Gardens today.Must have taken about 400 photos,so the next few evenings will be taken up with processing.
    But I had to do this one and post it up,have not seen a Nuthatch for years.

Also got lots of good pictures of Titmice although I must admit I would realy like the SWD version of the 50-200 as a lot of the time my old version took too much time to focus which made some of my pictures a bit "poke and hope".
    All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Re: Nuthatch

Ooooooh..... lovely capture Andy, what a treat to have seen one of those. I haven't seen a Nuthatch for quite some time now. Great one for the library eh!
    John

Comment

Certainly Envious of this shot.

There are nuthatches in some woods near me and I've been trying to get an acceptable shot for weeks, they are just too flitty and shy to settle close enough and where there is a suitable background.

Well done.

Nick
      Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
      www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Thanks John & Nick

Also got some pictures of another unusual bird feeder visitor.Will try to post them up later.
        All the best

Andy

My Flickr

Comment

very nice Andy, great pose even with the feeder.

I have one that visits but very nervous visitor even after 3 months of daily visits!

Also goes straight to the peanut mesh holder - I am thinking of drilling a tree log and jamming peanuts into it for the nuthatch and woody...must get round to it!
          E, Pen and OM-D bodies
          43 m43 and legacy glass
          loads of flashes and accessories from all the systems

Comment

Andy,

Another great shot to prove it was a worthwhile visit. Looking forward to the next one you post.

PeterD

Comment

Originally posted by photo_owl View Post
              very nice Andy, great pose even with the feeder.

I have one that visits but very nervous visitor even after 3 months of daily visits!

Also goes straight to the peanut mesh holder - I am thinking of drilling a tree log and jamming peanuts into it for the nuthatch and woody...must get round to it!
              I had four taken before this with its head down and its bum up in the air,just prove you just have to keep shoting away.The only problem was the FL36 I was using to fill in takes about 3 second to recycle between shots.
              All the best

Andy

My Flickr

Comment

We regularly get Nuthatches on the sunflower feeders in the garden. They're 'hit and run' characters - in the feeder, grab a seed and away before you can get a shot. Whereas Green Finches will sit there noshing away and defending their perch against allcomers.

Nuthatches don't always eat the seed either, I've often seen them tucking it under the tiles of a low roof, for later!

Jim

Comment

Working...
                X