A Little Street Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Street Photography

Something I have not done for a while so while on a recent shopping trip with the Wife I took the E-510 with just the 11-22mm for a spin on Worcester High Street.
    The combo worked quite well I think.

THE YOUNG ONES

A SERIOUS CONVERSATION
    Regards Paul.
    One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/

Re: A Little Street Photography

Nice couple of shots, though the lad in the 2'nd looks a tad uncomfortable - arm position. First one should be on the sleave notes to some band..

Nick
    Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
    www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Two very good shots. I must remember b+w seems to suit street pix.

Regards. Barr1e
      Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

I really like the first shot, the levels are great. Wish I could get my B&W pics to look this good.

Garrie

Comment

Both fantastic shots ... I'm quite interested in this type of photography but it isn't something I've 'dared' to do as of yet ... out of interest did you ask the models permission before or after the shots or talk to them at all? Do people ever take offence? There's obviously no original Exif data in the images so I can't tell what Focal Length was used but it looks like you were quite close so it would be obvious to people what you are doing?

p.s. had a look at some of the other pics in your online gallery ... very impressive!

cheers

Dave

Comment

Hey Paul, I have to say that your b&w processing is fabulous, and you've really done a great job on these two images in bringing out the detail that would have otherwise been lost. The people look almost as though they have been placed there...!

Cool.
            John

Comment

Thank you Nick, Barrie and Garry

Thanks Dave ,they were taken at 19mm and 17mm in that order and no they were not aware of having there picture taken as I have since the days of film used a method for wide angle shooting called shooting from the hip, with practice and getting to know the angle of veiw/framing of your lens you do not need to use the vewfinder.

Thank you musicman.
              Regards Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_S View Post
                I have since the days of film used a method for wide angle shooting called shooting from the hip, with practice and getting to know the angle of veiw/framing of your lens you do not need to use the vewfinder.
                That makes them even more brilliant shots for me ... superb!

Dave

Comment

Hi Paul

I have to agree with the others in this thread, superb photos.

I have a question about the usage of these and similar photos, I was always under the impression that if any photo taken showed recognisable faces, a model release form should be signed by the participants although I am really not sure how you do this in street photography dealing with the general public. Whats your take on this?

Neil

Comment

Well done - great street shots.

All good 'street' photographers shoot from the hip... and chest, and hand at arms length (???), and any way that disguises the fact you're taking a photo. I.e don't hold it to you're eye. Use a wide angle, a non descript camera, a quiet shutter......... It's about the voyeur and the 'Flaneur' perhaps, stealing an image. Maybe that's another debate and worthy of another thread?

The second one does look a little odd. In terms of post processing - kind of like a montage. What PP did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by ndl0071 View Post
                      Hi Paul

I have a question about the usage of these and similar photos, I was always under the impression that if any photo taken showed recognisable faces, a model release form should be signed by the participants although I am really not sure how you do this in street photography dealing with the general public. Whats your take on this?

Neil
                      Neil a model release is not required unless selling the image for commercial publication where you have no control over the images useage ,even photomags do not require a model release for candid shots such as these, take the top image if it were sold by me and used in a articale about street hoolagans without a model release then the subjects would have a good case for deformation of character, where as if used in a photomag just as a example of candid photography there would be no problem. Its a case of using commen sense and in most cases for the amatuer they are not needed.

Originally posted by Xpres
                      The second one does look a little odd. In terms of post processing - kind of like a montage. What PP did you use?
                      Two B&W conversions one for shadow detail and one for highlights (open sky etc) then combined, I was actualy going for a slightly surreal look .
                      Regards Paul.

Comment

I Love this Paul - what a stonking shot

Comment

Thank You
                          Regards Paul.

Comment

Working...
                          X