Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Snaar snaps: Village in Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Snaar snaps: Village in Summer

Many thanks Pete for so richly entertaining us with your series. Is it really a year? It seems the older one gets the faster time flies. Perhaps I had better buy an E-5 before it's too late
    David

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by cinders View Post
      The horse is wearing a fly-sheet...it keeps the worst of the flies from bothering them - but it always seems such a shame to dress them up like that in the summer.
      Being White it also keeps them much cooler - as do Arab whites ! and if the horse has at some time, eaten Ragwort, it will suffer from the sun on it and that affects its skin and liver.
      [I].
      I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
      Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
        Being White it also keeps them much cooler - as do Arab whites ! and if the horse has at some time, eaten Ragwort, it will suffer from the sun on it and that affects its skin and liver.
        I agree with that! I've had to use a fly-sheet on one of mine before - and I'm lucky with my present horse (grey arab) that he seems to have no problems in that way!
        Cindy

Cameras: EM1 MK2 and Mk1, E-620, E-410, Om4Ti
        Lenses: 12-60, 50-200, Panny 100-400, 9-18, ZD 50mm, 14-54 Mk1, 70-300, 40-150, 14-42, OM 50mm F3.5 macro
        Also: EC14, EX25, FS35, Vanguard tripod, and far too many bags!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The air of heaven is that which flows between a horse's ears...."

Comment

Originally posted by cinders View Post
          I agree with that! I've had to use a fly-sheet on one of mine before - and I'm lucky with my present horse (grey arab) that he seems to have no problems in that way!
          Yes Arab bloodlines cope with the heat and sun well ! but ... not the cold and wet british weather
          [I].
          I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
          Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Working...
          X