Flickr gone **** up on my Ipad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flickr gone **** up on my Ipad

Might be worth doing a full wipe and reinstall of IOS on your iPad.

I know its a pain but it probably is the quickest way to fix it. Make sure your data is backed up though.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljAKsYOMlg8"]How to do a full wipe and reinstall of iOS - YouTube[/ame]
    Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Just checking before you do an iOS wipe and install (which I agree is a good suggestion) that you have done a simple reset of the iPad? Holding on/off and Home until the Apple symbol appears.

I’m probably teaching my granny to suck eggs, but I’ve often found all sorts of odd behaviour to be fixed by one of those.
      Regards,
      Mark

------------------------------
      http://www.microcontrast.com
      Too much Oly gear.
      Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
      Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Originally posted by drmarkf View Post
        Just checking before you do an iOS wipe and install (which I agree is a good suggestion) that you have done a simple reset of the iPad? Holding on/off and Home until the Apple symbol appears.

I’m probably teaching my granny to suck eggs, but I’ve often found all sorts of odd behaviour to be fixed by one of those.
        Yes that is a good idea. Thanks for that. I doubt I will do an IOS wipe and install tho'. As with most things there is a work around, and using the inbuilt web browser works OK . Its the Flickr App that's not working, and I live in the hope they eventually get it back to where it was before they threw an e-spanner in the e-works...…………...
        Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Just to note that Flickr has come good again for me. They have been shedding their Yahoo link, and have now restarted with new email and passwords. Flickr is now working well on the PC and IPad....
          Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Spoke too soon, all I get now is a blooming Panda...………

Hopefully just a temporary glitch...……...
            Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post

Same here just a Panda. So it's not your end this time.
              Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post
                Same here just a Panda. So it's not your end this time.
                Pardon.....................

Using Opera, I do get a informative message beside the Panda. They are doing their transfer from the Yahoo set up to theirs so the whole site is down until complete.

They suggest that in the meantime, print out the Panda, cut it out and paste it to an appropriate photo. Winners get a free year with Flickr Pro...........
                Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Yeah, but they are doing that maintenance thing though. Just have to cut that panda & enter the photo competition & win a year's Pro subscription (& pay for it there after).
                  Ross
                  I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                  Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                  Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                  Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                  Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                  Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Just checking, can you guys remember that is was possible to see the camera and lens serial number in flickr's EXIF details? It's now missing.

Long time ago, I could even search flickr for serial numbers. That search is also missing.
                    * Henry
                    * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Flickr once again won't let me in. Despite renewing password several times....

I created another account, which works just fine. So I have no idea what the issue is...……

BUT I have just logged in using Chrome, so is there a problem using MS Edge??
                      Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

I created another account, which works just fine. So I have no idea what the issue is...……

I'm still on Win7 (for now) & use G Chrome (as well as on my iPad) & they are fine.
                        Ross
                        Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.

Comment

Originally posted by blu-by-u View Post
                          Just checking, can you guys remember that is was possible to see the camera and lens serial number in flickr's EXIF details? It's now missing.

Long time ago, I could even search flickr for serial numbers. That search is also missing.
                          As a late reply, only the Camera ID number is displayed & no serial numbers for body or lens. I think I recall seeing them before though (last year?).
                          Ross

Comment

Seems to be an Edge proble.
                            Have a look HERE , amongst other places.
                            Best Regards
                            Bill

The nearest I have to a home page.
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
                            They're Watching You!

Comment

Thanks Bill. Will give it a go...………….

2nd time around, I cleared the whole cache, and it now works, so many thank Bill...………...
                              Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Thanks Bill. Will give it a go...………….

2nd time around, I cleared the whole cache, and it now works, so many thank Bill...………...
                                I had to sign in (login) again this morning & wondered why it failed, but thankfully I write my passwords down (there are so many) & then I realised it had to contain a symbol in it. Even after writing it down one has to read it properly too.
                                Ross

Comment

Working...
                                X