Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In praise of...

In praise of Good Stuff:

Do you have a thing you bought that you have been impressed with??

I do. I offer the humble Briggs and Stratton 4 stroke engine on my mower. No - bear with me

Here is the mower.

I bought it in 1984. It always always starts third pull - even if its been in the shed all winter. Othe bits of the mower have failed, fallen off or needed mending, but the engine just goes on and on. I've never changed the oil or the spark plug. It just works. I bought this mower because of the engine.

My previous rotary mower was a free 15 year old cast off which ran for another ten years - it only died because the mower rusted to bits - its B+S engine was still going strong. In fact that mower had in turn replaced another cast off Hayter my dad got in 1965. You started that one by winding string around a pulley on the top! That was about 5 years old then, but it also ran until it rusted to bits, and its B+S engine also refused to die.

Anyone else have Good Stuff to recommend???

Pete

PS. Got to mow the lawn now.
    Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Re: In praise of...

I received my iPad this morning. I thought it would be great but it is not. It is awesome! (not that I have used it much today, because I cannot keep it out of the hands of my childern
    Visit my panorama site: http://www.360vr.nl
    Twitter: 360vr_nl

Comment

I heard that all the iPads have a particular problem with them - have you found it yet (no I don't know what this is)?
      Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Yeah, the problem is that I can hardly use it because of the children...

But seriously: there are reports from some isolated issues about poor WiFi reception and overheating, but mine is running absolutely smoothly with no problems whatsoever. and this is the same with everyone else I know who has got his or her iPad.

As usual there problems are over exaggerated in the media.
        Visit my panorama site: http://www.360vr.nl
        Twitter: 360vr_nl

Comment

Working...
        X