Concorde flies again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concorde flies again.

I would have enjoyed taking pix of this.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...67244965694370

Regards. Barr1e
    Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Re: Concorde flies again.

I want one!!
    Regards - Paul

Comment

Now that was awesome... what a flypast!
      John

Comment

A fantastic find Barrie, thanks for posting it

I still remember very well seeing the early commercial flights departing from LHR, a real experience and a real loss to the aviation world.

Comment

Originally posted by ndl0071 View Post
          A fantastic find Barrie, thanks for posting it

I still remember very well seeing the early commercial flights departing from LHR, a real experience and a real loss to the aviation world.

Same here Neil my only regret is never being on one of those (cheaper) flights around the bay.

Regards. Barr1e
          Last edited by Barr1e; 28th January 2008, 08:49 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

[QUOTE=Barr1e;5815]Same here Neil my only regret is never being on one of those (cheaper) flights around the bay.

Same here Barrie, never made it, I suppose at the time I thought the oppotunity would be there for longer than it actually was (not to mention the cost!!)
            Still many fond memories of just spectating

Cheers
            Neil

Comment

I had a few chances to fly this great aircraft ( work for BA ) and like others thought it would be around for a lot longer, and never got to do it

I was there by the taxi way when they all came home for the last time. I think the whole company was, it was a very mixed feeling of pride and loss.

John

PS, fantastic find Barry.

Comment

Wow!

Closest I got to a flight on Concorde was going on the static early protoype at Duxford

Comment

Originally posted by Scapula Memory View Post
                  I had a few chances to fly this great aircraft ( work for BA ) and like others thought it would be around for a lot longer, and never got to do it

I was there by the taxi way when they all came home for the last time. I think the whole company was, it was a very mixed feeling of pride and loss.

John

PS, fantastic find Barry.
                  Concorde was a statement of national pride, bizarre, impratical, environmentally unsound, expensive and above all magnificent

It fullfilled no practical need, was never going to be the pre-cursor to mass supersonic aviation travel, was almost a total vanity. But it was an Icon of our belief in technology.

It belonged to an era that included the Japanese bullet trains, the TGV expresses and moon flight. I'm glad I was young at that time.

Now technology offers youngsters a means to hear more music badly (ipod/mp3) and the means to disrupt people with meaningless phone calls.

I suspect the Industrial revolution is now over.

Sorry (rant)

Nick
                  Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
                  www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Temple-Fry View Post
                    Concorde was a statement of national pride, bizarre, impratical, environmentally unsound, expensive and above all magnificent

It fullfilled no practical need, was never going to be the pre-cursor to mass supersonic aviation travel, was almost a total vanity. But it was an Icon of our belief in technology.

It belonged to an era that included the Japanese bullet trains, the TGV expresses and moon flight. I'm glad I was young at that time.

Now technology offers youngsters a means to hear more music badly (ipod/mp3) and the means to disrupt people with meaningless phone calls.

I suspect the Industrial revolution is now over.

Sorry (rant)

Nick
                    I totally agree with every word Nick, well said.

John

Comment

Originally posted by E-1 fan View Post
                      Wow!

Closest I got to a flight on Concorde was going on the static early protoype at Duxford

Likewise - we took Anne's mother on board - she would have been about 90 years old then - still going strong. It was surprising to see how much she knew of the aircraft but wondered why it had large boxes in rather than seats! One of those icons which most folk took pride in.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Those of us who were around, no matter how young, watching Brian Trubshaw take off that day will never forget it I think.

Like the maiden flight of the Hawker P1127 - the Harrier - seminal moments.

How did we throw away the position we had then I wonder??

Comment

It was an amazing aircraft, even though it used to make our windows rattle.

There's a place near us where people fly model aircraft, I don't know if any of them has a Concorde. I'm always amazed at how well the models fly, and how skilled the operators are at landing them safely.
                          - my pictures -

Comment

Working...
                          X