Windows 7 RAM Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 RAM Problem

Hey, I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit and I have 6GB of Kingston HyperX RAM on my motherboard which is a ASUS P6T SE which can have 24GB of RAM, but Windows 7 is only saying there is 4GB of RAM, but when I run CPUZ is says I have 6GB. Anyone know what might be wrong?

Re: Windows 7 RAM Problem

Maybe CPUZ is telling you how much RAM is installed instead of what is being used.

How many sticks?

Windows has built in RAM diagnostics check this out.

Regards

Gavin

Comment

few things you can do

Make sure your voltage for your memory is set to 1.64v or 1.66v in the bios either of these it doesn't matter as there is no 1.65v on that mobo

if that fails and it still only showing 4gig instead of 6

check your motherboard to see if you has any bent pins, i7's mobo's are very prone to this, you need a magifying glass.

if your heatsink is the screw type, to much pressure can also cause this problem also the above problem try loosen it slightly.

if that also fails check each stick of your memory in the first slot see if they boot.

My best guess it your memory these triple channel set's can be funny as usually one stick is weaker than the others.

If all else fails RMA it, don't buy Corsair as this memory even worst for that kind of problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jackprw1 View Post
        Hey, I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit and I have 6GB of Kingston HyperX RAM on my motherboard which is a ASUS P6T SE which can have 24GB of RAM, but Windows 7 is only saying there is 4GB of RAM, but when I run CPUZ is says I have 6GB. Anyone know what might be wrong?
        No offence but you're absolutely sure your Win 7 is 64-bit, right? the 32-bit version has a 4GB limit.

Jim
        James

Loves photography but so little time

Comment

Originally posted by jima View Post
          No offence but you're absolutely sure your Win 7 is 64-bit, right? the 32-bit version has a 4GB limit.

Jim
          That's the first thing that jumped into my head but after a bit of thought ruled it out as you'll never actually see a full 4GB shown in 32bit windows as video cards etc will pinch a bit. I'ill be interesting to hear what the cause of the problem whatever...

Comment

Working...
          X