What is the point...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the point...

...of being a member both here and FTU? It seems there is more activity on FTU and most of you are active on both sites.

Just a silly question, but what is the point?

Re: What is the point...

More isn't necessarily better

I'm not in FTU - I looked at it and still do occasionally, but I like the posts here and there is less irellevant stuff to wade through

Regards
    Andy
    My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
    4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
    m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
    FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
    The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
    http://www.shenstone.me.uk
    http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
    https://vimeo.com/shenstone
    http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

Comment

FTU was live before E-Group, E-Group is aimed at UK users so I signed up here too.

Richard
      In theory there's no difference between theory and practice but in practice there is.

Comment

ive not signed up to ftu but do look once in a while, but i think its a bit more personal here.

Comment

I am also a member of FTU but since this site opened up I visit rarely.

I like this site and prefer to spend my valuable time here.

PeterD

Comment

I'm not a member of FTU, had a look though, nice site. I'm canny shy though so haven't signed up.

I agree with a lot of people, E Forum is personal, I've been here almost from the start and like to support this site and would love to see it grow

Comment

I've never even been for a look on FTU, wouldn't know where to look lol

This site is relatively new and as with all new sites, audience participation is key. It takes a while for a site to get up to speed, doesn't happen overnight I'm afraid.

I do have a look on talkphotography, and there's a lot of good posts and info on there, but it seems more Nikon & Canon based, whereas it's nice to share with other Olympus users on here, the help and info on here I've found is great and more relevant in many cases to the camera I have

Comment

Originally posted by OlyFlyer View Post
                ...of being a member both here and FTU? It seems there is more activity on FTU and most of you are active on both sites.

Just a silly question, but what is the point?

This site was created by Ian supported by Olympus. He had already created FTU and DP now. I guess the existence of two similar sites is a problem I still look at both but the Olympus sponsorship is moving me more to this site.

Comment

I only found out about FTU after visiting here. I did join but do not frequent or post there much. I like the UK flavour here and the general friendliness. Also its quicker, no ads, nice colours, and a major contribution to world peace.....

John

Comment

I joined both because I thought both sites looked nice, but different
                    - my pictures -

Comment

Working...
                    X