Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

The lost eyepiece.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lost eyepiece.

While walking yesterday evening I found that the eyepiece for the E3 had gone missing.
    This morning I retraced my steps and after about 1 mile there it was on a pathway in the forest.
    I feel I was very lucky to find it but it again raises the question of how easily this become detached.I have tried advise of tightening the screws on the back and clicking it back into place but this does not seem to make any difference.
    I have even herd of people gluing it into place ut I don't want to go down that path.

Come on Oly when the E4/5 comes out sort this out.The bayonet fitting on the E1 is great.
    All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Re: The lost eyepiece.

And I thought it was just me having this problem with the e-3!

Comment

Originally posted by EH1 View Post
      And I thought it was just me having this problem with the e-3!
      Me too. I retraced my steps and found a Canon one and a Nikon one, so it ain't just the E3. I managed to get the Nikon one to fit and glued it in with a couple of dabs of superglue.
      John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery

Comment

I use the VA-1 angle finder quite a bit (actually prefer it to the live view) and the adapter that is part of the VA-1 to E3 has a greater affinity to the camera than to the angle viewer - so in a session of mixed eye level and angle shooting I end up leaving the plastic adapter on the camera and let the plastic adapter crunch against my glasses.

Another vote for the E1 bayonet fitting - it was very positive and did not leave the adapter on the camera body.

Currently you have two vertical adapter interfaces between the VA-1 and the E3 camera body.
        This space for rent

Comment

I have two E3's and have lost the eye cup from both. Unluckly I have never found mine. It seems they are most prone to coming off as you put the camera back into the bag. Now I have a spare just incase or when!

Derek
          Derek

www.dncphotography.co.uk

Comment

I've not lost one yet, but have had a few close calls.. I agree Andy, there must be a design solution.. Come on Oly

Comment

Originally posted by DerekC View Post
              I have two E3's and have lost the eye cup from both. Unluckly I have never found mine. It seems they are most prone to coming off as you put the camera back into the bag. Now I have a spare just incase or when!

Derek
              Good idea!............I am now off to buy a spare! .............................Perhaps this is a deliberate design fault by Olympus, so everyone has to buy another one!

Comment

The spare was not on purpose. One had come off when I put the camera away, so I thought I had lost another. It had infact gone between the outer and inner of the camera bag.
                Derek

www.dncphotography.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by DerekC View Post

Derek
                  Now that's just being greedy. Must cost you a fortune in replacement eye cups!
                  John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

I was out with some friends quite some time ago when we spotted an eyepiece on the ground - it was from a Can*n, so now they've got a spare.

Maybe it isn't just an Oly problem
                    - my pictures -

Comment

Nice to see you back Ellie.

Hope your over your health problems.As I walk a lot in the forest around deer you have made me much more aware of Lymes disease.

Thanks.
                      All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

Thanks Andy.

Still a few things not quite right, which is irritating, but I'm not taking tablets any more, which is nice. I hadn't realised there was such a huge range of antibiotics, and each one makes something else go wrong!

Yes, keep an eye out for ticks, and remember they don't just come from deer - because we don't get deer in our garden and that's where I picked up the Lyme-carrying monster.
                        - my pictures -

Comment

Working...
                        X