Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

This forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This forum

Hi guys,

How does the "rep power" and "member status" work on the forum, I've noticed I've just gone to "rep power 2" (woo hoo party!! ) and now I'm a "Senior member" (is that 2 parties now ), is that because of the number of posts, duration subscribed etc or something else? Just curious.

Cheers,

Paul

Re: This forum

Hi Paul

We've talked about rep power in the past and I can't for life of me remember if we really found out what it ment.
    I think you become a senoir member when you've made 100 posts.Better on here than on 4/3 photo which calls you a veteran whan you pass 100 post.Made me feel really old.
    Good job you can change it on that site.
    All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

Posting this so I can see wot I am:-)
      sigpicDave

Comment

Senior! That fits as I just got my old age pension, I am rich!!
        sigpicDave

Comment

LOL, I guess 100 posts must be a magic milestone as my Rep power and status both changed at that point, whats the next level after Senior "Old timer"??

Cheers,

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Woofmix View Post
            LOL, I guess 100 posts must be a magic milestone as my Rep power and status both changed at that point, whats the next level after Senior "Old timer"??

Cheers,

Paul
            Well I've always suspected it is "Bore" followed by "Old Bore".

Reputation goes up by 1 for every 100 posts I think, plus you used to be able to add to someones reputation - maybe you still can.

Certainly there do not seem to be any prizes.

Nick
            Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
            www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

If you like something that someone has said or they have been really helpful you can add to their rep by pressing the scales and making a comment.

I've just added to Nicks for all his use of "polite" 4 letter words rather than resorting to calling us all old "f**t"

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

thank you for that clarity Graham - I have added to yours as a result

Duncan
                E, Pen and OM-D bodies
                43 m43 and legacy glass
                loads of flashes and accessories from all the systems

Comment

I'd better have a look at the most helpful and informative posts I have seen and add some Rep Power!
                  My RedBubble pages

Comment

At a work based forum I go visit, it tells you who gave you what rep and for what reason, does this board have that option?
                    Tracey Jones

Its a shame that humans dont come with autofocus, like cameras do!

Comment

Has Rep Power been 'retired'? Can't see it on the right-hand side anymore.
                      My RedBubble pages

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesgj View Post
                        Has Rep Power been 'retired'? Can't see it on the right-hand side anymore.
                        It went about a week ago!....shows how usefull it was!

Comment

Yup - I disabled this a week or so ago as it isn't something we find useful to be honest.
                          John

Comment

That's just like what happened to my green shield stamp collection, as soon as I had built up enough to get something, they discontinued it.
                            Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Nice one Graham I remember my dad did exactly the same
                              E-M10 Mk2 - 14-42mm EZ - 40-150mm ED - Falcon 8mm Fisheye - FL-36R

Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff

Comment

Working...
                              X