Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Motorway Brexit signs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorway Brexit signs.

Saw these signs on the M25 the other day:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...eight-16939812

Re: Motorway Brexit signs.

Seen mobile versions on A roads too.
    Will they be turned off today or just rolled into the nearest ditch?

Comment

Originally posted by Tram View Post
      Seen mobile versions on A roads too.
      Will they be turned off today or just rolled into the nearest ditch?
      Nah - they'll have some value, so the pickeys will get there first!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post

Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Andy
          bengeo.com

Comment

Please share the source of this data.
            Or perhaps its just made up?
            Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post
              Here's one of many sources, pulled out at random from a basic Google search .
              Best Regards
              Bill

The nearest I have to a home page.
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
              They're Watching You!

Comment

Originally posted by peak4 View Post
                Here's one of many sources, pulled out at random from a basic Google search .
                The first line of that link made me laugh!

"An MP demanded Boris Johnson is truthful with the public"

Since when has 'Pants on Fire' Johnson been truthful about anything to do with Brexit?

Jim

Comment

I didn't see in the comment that the poster was a remainer supporter!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post
                    It's been in the general news for weeks that the govt is spending/wasting (depending on the news source!) on a "Get ready for Brexit" advertising campaign. The Magic Money Tree seems to provide an abundance of fruit for Brexit despite having been unable to provide extra money for the NHS and public services.
                    Regards
                    Richard

Comment

I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

I didn't see in the comment that the poster was a remainer supporter!

Jim
                        Not regarding the comment in question but from numerous other comments, one wouldn't have to be a genius to come to such a conclusion

Jax

Comment

I seem to remember this has been said before but............ Surely any subject worthy of discussion by adults is going to attract opposing views and opinions. I agree about the comment regarding hostilities but, so far, personally have not seen anything hostile on this or other recent threads discussing Brexit. Any lively worthwhile debate is going to attract banter, tongue in cheek mischief and providing this does not turn into abusive personal comments then it should be acceptable. We have already had numerous threads closed by Admin over the last year and the resulting lack of activity in the Lounge could possibly be the result of this action.

Brexit is the most important development for the UK since the 2nd World War so it is only natural some feel it should be discussed in the Lounge which after all is a Board specifically for Non Photo topics. No member is forced or obliged to visit the Lounge and read or take part in the discussions, so those who feel offended by the comments only have themselves to blame.

On the other hand, those who can't express opinions without resorting to hostile comments should be dealt with by Admin on an individual basis.

If the above is not acceptable to the membership and Administration maybe it is time to simply remove the Lounge from the forum and restrict all discussions and posts to Photographic comments only.

Jax

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
                            I seem to remember this has been said before but............ Surely any subject worthy of discussion by adults is going to attract opposing views and opinions. I agree about the comment regarding hostilities but, so far, personally have not seen anything hostile on this or other recent threads discussing Brexit. Any lively worthwhile debate is going to attract banter, tongue in cheek mischief and providing this does not turn into abusive personal comments then it should be acceptable. We have already had numerous threads closed by Admin over the last year and the resulting lack of activity in the Lounge could possibly be the result of this action.

Brexit is the most important development for the UK since the 2nd World War so it is only natural some feel it should be discussed in the Lounge which after all is a Board specifically for Non Photo topics. No member is forced or obliged to visit the Lounge and read or take part in the discussions, so those who feel offended by the comments only have themselves to blame.

On the other hand, those who can't express opinions without resorting to hostile comments should be dealt with by Admin on an individual basis.

If the above is not acceptable to the membership and Administration maybe it is time to simply remove the Lounge from the forum and restrict all discussions and posts to Photographic comments only.

Jax

I agree with all of that. Here's hoping it can all stay civilised then!
                            I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

I also agree with Jax.
                              Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X