Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boris Gate

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post

I didn't know that you had to disclose anything John.
    Maybe John meant dis-clothing ?

Jax

Comment

Maybe when legover is nationalised along with everything else we will need to complete and sign forms in sextuplet each time so we will probably all nod off before the act.
      ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Maybe when legover is nationalised along with everything else we will need to complete and sign forms in sextuplet each time so we will probably all nod off before the act.
        Crikey, it takes me all night to do what I did all night, never mind filling in forms......
        Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

I doubt if I would notice any difference. My wife has been nodding off like that for 30 yrs

Jax

Comment

That lovable tousle haired rascal Johnson nearly set the sprinklers off several times, during the ITV debate this evening when his pants repeatedly caught fire! When he was tackled about keeping promises the audience laughed with derision!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
              That lovable tousle haired rascal Johnson nearly set the sprinklers off several times, during the ITV debate this evening when his pants repeatedly caught fire! When he was tackled about keeping promises the audience laughed with derision!

Jim
              He wouldn't shut up when he was told to either.

There again, on the subject of broken promises, I am still waiting for Harold Wilson to keep his electoral promise to reverse the Beeching cuts if elected in 1964!

He and Barbara Castle actually went on to cut a further 2,200 miles of railway; far more than that closed by Beeching and the odious crook Earnest Marples.
              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Despicable use of factcheckUK to divert attention from all the other lies, scandals and deceit...
                Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Further proof if any were needed that Cummings thinks it is all a big game. It's all about the win, nothing is off limits. Seems unbelievable that we could sink to an even lower low than the current one.

Looking forward to see what else he comes up with in the closing stages of the campaign.
                  Stuff from Cuba
                  More stuff from Cuba
                  It all started here

Comment

Picking up on your post elsewhere, Nigel:

"It might have something to do with the fact that we have a General Election coming up, and one of the party leaders (and his sidekick) would dearly like to destroy our Royalty, defence of the realm, public schools, the church, and indeed anything else to do with 'the establishment'."

I'm surprised that Johnson didn't challenge Corbyn on the above points. It would have been a 'killer blow'!

Why do you think that was, Nigel - was Johnson just being gentle with him?

Jim

Comment

I liked when John Crace of the Guardian said in his piece covering the debate:

"Predictably, the first question was on Brexit. Bingo. It took only one sentence for Boris to utter his first lie. That he had a readymade deal that would deliver a free trade agreement with the EU that could be wrapped up in a matter of months."

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
                        Despicable use of factcheckUK to divert attention from all the other lies, scandals and deceit...
                        Yes, I can't believe the audacity of the Conservative Party in re-naming their Twitter profile "factcheckUK." It cannot be anything other than a cynical ploy to mislead people into thinking it is an independent, politically neutral organisation.

On another note, I cannot understand why, when we are over a week into the election campaign, the main parties have still not published their manifestoes. The Lib Dems are due today, Labour tomorrow and the Conservatives, according to Dominic Raab on the BBC this morning, "soon."

Surely this election hasn't come as a surprise? I would have expected the Lib Dems to have a clear range of alternatives to challenge the two main parties. It seems inconceivable that Labour did not have a full program of detailed policies designed to capture the Electorate's imagination and sweep them into power. As for the Conservatives, surely they had a full menu of oven-ready, microwaveable ambitions of what they wanted to achieve if they continue in Government? Apparently not. Overall it represents a lack of long term planning and commitment in modern politics, which is now all about image, sound bites, spin doctors, non-elected advisors and what is trending on social media today, but nothing to do with common sense and what ordinary people actually want.
                        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                          Yes, I can't believe the audacity of the Conservative Party in re-naming their Twitter profile "factcheckUK." It cannot be anything other than a cynical ploy to mislead people into thinking it is an independent, politically neutral organisation.

On another note, I cannot understand why, when we are over a week into the election campaign, the main parties have still not published their manifestoes. The Lib Dems are due today, Labour tomorrow and the Conservatives, according to Dominic Raab on the BBC this morning, "soon."

Surely this election hasn't come as a surprise? I would have expected the Lib Dems to have a clear range of alternatives to challenge the two main parties. It seems inconceivable that Labour did not have a full program of detailed policies designed to capture the Electorate's imagination and sweep them into power. As for the Conservatives, surely they had a full menu of oven-ready, microwaveable ambitions of what they wanted to achieve if they continue in Government? Apparently not. Overall it represents a lack of long term planning and commitment in modern politics, which is now all about image, sound bites, spin doctors, non-elected advisors and what is trending on social media today, but nothing to do with common sense and what ordinary people actually want.
                          It was a simple typo. It should have been fatchequeUK.

Harold
                          The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post
                            It was a simple typo. It should have been fatchequeUK.

Harold
                            John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

I can't believe the audacity of the Conservative Party in re-naming their Twitter profile "factcheckUK." It cannot be anything other than a cynical ploy to mislead people into thinking it is an independent, politically neutral organisation.
                              This (on facebook) is almost as bad. Okay, it is a humorous response to the Tories' brazen attempt to distort the facts but two wrongs don't make a right and meanwhile the truth lays bleeding in the gutter.

John

Comment

On another note, I cannot understand why, when we are over a week into the election campaign, the main parties have still not published their manifestoes.
                                No point - the Tories will get in. Like Trump saying that he could go out and shoot someone and people would still support him, Johnson could get (and is getting) away with anything and still get in. There's something about him that hypnotises the electorate.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X