Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boris Gate

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
    Furthermore the Royal Navy provides a valuable humanitarian service outwith defence.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
        When did it become ok to sell machines of death around the world because it will secure jobs in the UK! Perhaps they take the view that less people in the world will be good for climate change. Every cloud....
        The giant tobacco companies sussed that one pretty quickly.

John

Comment

When did it become ok to sell machines of death around the world because it will secure jobs in the UK! Perhaps they take the view that less people in the world will be good for climate change. Every cloud....

Comment

Ahh well, there is a large GSK factory at Barnard Castle employing more than 1,100 staff which fulfils a very similar function.
            ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Personally I find the whole business abhorrent, but then we could say the same for every other business which kills people either directly or indirectly.

Where do we start? Alcohol, tobacco, gambling, motor cars, aviation, the plastics industry, synthetic textiles .....

Looking back over recent history the most dangerous industries were often the most difficult to close down.
              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Personally I find the whole business abhorrent, but then we could say the same for every other business which kills people either directly or indirectly.

Where do we start? Alcohol, tobacco, gambling, motor cars, aviation, the plastics industry, synthetic textiles .....
                You missed kitchen knives off the list!

Comment

maternity facilities in hospitals supporting humans that are going to die.
                  This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
                    maternity facilities in hospitals supporting humans that are going to die.
                    Same at the other end of life too.

Comment

On a related topic:

---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Did anyone see the interview with Andrea Leadsom on BBC Breakfast this morning? When asked by Dan Walker if the report on Russian interference in British politics was being suppressed because of the General Election, she replied with just one word, "No."

That completely floored Dan and after an awkward silence he stumbled to rephrase the question.

Well done Ms Leadsom for being so brief and to the point, which is definitely not what we are used to with our politicians!
                        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                          Did anyone see the interview with Andrea Leadsom on BBC Breakfast this morning? When asked by Dan Walker if the report on Russian interference in British politics was being suppressed because of the General Election, she replied with just one word, "No."

That completely floored Dan and after an awkward silence he stumbled to rephrase the question.

Well done Ms Leadsom for being so brief and to the point, which is definitely not what we are used to with our politicians!
                          Yes indeed. I would rather have straight talking any day but most of our politicians seem to struggle with that concept today and simply repeat their party's current slogan ad nauseum.

I started to watch the documentary last night about Boris and Ms Arcuri but fell asleep after the first twenty minutes. So, it seems Boris did get his leg over after all and that Ms Arcuri is a woman scorned.

This hardly seems like big news to me, and I don't suppose Boris will be the first or last politician to be caught with his trousers down. But before I nodded off I couldn't help wondering whether, if Boris had been seeing another man, it would even be news in certain liberal newspapers?

I haven't read a great deal about Keith Vaz and it certainly hasn't been raised as an election issue.
                          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Yes indeed. I would rather have straight talking any day but most of our politicians seem to struggle with that concept today and simply repeat their party's current slogan ad nauseum.

I started to watch the documentary last night about Boris and Ms Arcuri but fell asleep after the first twenty minutes. So, it seems Boris did get his leg over after all and that Ms Arcuri is a woman scorned.

This hardly seems like big news to me, and I don't suppose Boris will be the first or last politician to be caught with his trousers down. But before I nodded off I couldn't help wondering whether, if Boris had been seeing another man, it would even be news in certain liberal newspapers?

I haven't read a great deal about Keith Vaz and it certainly hasn't been raised as an election issue.
                            I watched it and got the impression that Boris gradually became involved with Ms Arcuri and suddenly found himself in too deep, without having made the required disclosure. I suspect it is mainly an issue of poor judgement and much as I would like to see him hung out to dry I don't think it can be achieved by this issue.
                            John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Boris gradually became involved with Ms Arcuri and suddenly found himself in too deep
                              No worries John, the pun is pardoned

Jax

Comment

[he] suddenly found himself in too deep, without having made the required disclosure.

I didn't know that you had to disclose anything John.
                                ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Working...
                                X