Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boris Gate

Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
    Seems as though the wheels are falling off the Boris bus without him picking up a nut gun.
    We all need to be very careful what we wish for, and that includes Boris.

Maybe he should have remained as Mayor of London.
    ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Trying to disregard Brexit and any issues arising; how can people support a politician who lies in his private life, lied when working as a journalist and lies as a politician?

It beats me - is it the 'Boris just being Boris' factor? Johnson's simply a disgrace as a human being!

Jim

Comment

Andrew Neil show tonight was certainly worth watching regardless of which side you are on.
        He simply has his facts and takes the opposite side of whoever he interviews.

One to watch going forward.
        Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post
          Andrew Neil show tonight was certainly worth watching regardless of which side you are on.
          He simply has his facts and takes the opposite side of whoever he interviews.

One to watch going forward.
          I saw it and know what you mean. But I recently saw him described as the most right-wing person in the country - though bearing that in mind, I didn't detect any bias.

(Has anyone noticed the weird (and mega irritating) effect that the editors use when cutting between scenes? As the cut transitions from one scene to another the edit introduces massive colour fringing. What this is supposed to convey, I don't know!)

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
            how can people support a politician who lies in his private life, lied when working as a journalist and lies as a politician?

That's the norm for politicians of every political persuasion.
            Best wishes

Wildwood

Comment

Originally posted by Wildwood View Post
              That's the norm for politicians of every political persuasion.
              Jeremy Corbyn claims that he doesn't support terrorist organisations. That is a lie too, and is far more dangerous than Boris's personal liaisons and indiscretions.
              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Where's Screaming Lord Sutch when you need him?

Vote Monster Raving Looney Party... You know it makes sense (well as much sense as voting for any of the other bar stewards involved in todays politics!)

Comment

None deserves my vote and none are getting it.

Comment

As I continue reading this thread (and thoroughly enjoying it) I do have to ask .....

And they want to give sixteen year olds the vote?????

For goodness sake the age limit should be raised to twenty one, not lowered to sixteen. Even we as mature? adults cannot make our minds up.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
                      As I continue reading this thread (and thoroughly enjoying it) I do have to ask .....

And they want to give sixteen year olds the vote?????

For goodness sake the age limit should be raised to twenty one, not lowered to sixteen. Even we as mature? adults cannot make our minds up.
                      You raise an interesting point there Keith.

Comrade Corbyn wants 16 year-olds to be given the vote but argued that 16 year-old Shamima Begum was too young to know what she was doing!

The only thing I know for sure is that putting the lunatics in charge of the asylum never solved anything.
                      ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

I don't think the old who are on their way out should be able to dictate the future of the young and so I would make the voting age 16 to 65 (with a link to the State Pension age as it rises).
                        Andy
                        bengeo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bengeo View Post
                          I don't think the old who are on their way out should be able to dictate the future of the young and so I would make the voting age 16 to 65 (with a link to the State Pension age as it rises).
                          Then we would not have a say on compulsory euthanasia, reductions in pensions, cancellation of drivers license, using public transportation priority seating, accessible toilets, standing on escalators and generally getting in the way of the young and annoying them...
                          Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Comment

This is why Labour want votes for 16 yr olds.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...AL-HEALTH.html

Sorry about the paper it's in but at least listen to what the young chap says, .... and worry
                              Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble but we are all "on the way out " from the moment we take our first breath. The only variant is the actual time we leave.

Personally I have no wish at 73, nor would have had at 30 yrs old, for my future or that of my family, to be decided by 16 yr olds.

Jax

Comment

Working...
                                X