• Re: Climate Change

I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

Originally posted by Walti View Post
        The big shame is that everyone who works there can see what's happening and are powerless to change it...
        Now that's a statement which can apply to sooo many businesses .... and could very well be the answer to many as well.

Unfortunately, suggestion schemes and the like have been totally abused by management and, because of the way they are or have been treated many employees are of the mind that they say 'I'm not paid to think'.

Upper management are so far away from the basics that they would not understand if you told them the problems, they just ask for the numbers and never why the numbers are what they are. So many lower management do not pass enough information up the ladder regarding problems because it could make it look as though they are not coping.

All so sad, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
          Now that's a statement which can apply to sooo many businesses .... and could very well be the answer to many as well.

Unfortunately, suggestion schemes and the like have been totally abused by management and, because of the way they are or have been treated many employees are of the mind that they say 'I'm not paid to think'.

Upper management are so far away from the basics that they would not understand if you told them the problems, they just ask for the numbers and never why the numbers are what they are. So many lower management do not pass enough information up the ladder regarding problems because it could make it look as though they are not coping.

All so sad, really.
          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Our local WH Smith usually has just one employee on the premises when I visit. The price of some of their products borders on extortion, I wanted some sheets for my laminator but there was no way I would pay the asking price.

David
            The beauty of not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise and is not preceded by periods of anxiety

Comment

Going back to M&S for a minute. I’ve used their banks credit card for many, many years and regularly get a reasonable quantity of money off vouchers which I try to maximise by buying things like wine when it’s 25% off. However now they are closing the local store I’ve begun the gradual change to a Sainsbury’s card, helped on its way yesterday by being unable to order foreign currency for postal delivery from M&S, so yet another facility they’ve withdrawn and subsequently another lost customer. Been buying currency from them for probably 15 years or more.

Comment

How to discuss Climate change with today's "woke" teenagers

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/w...limate-change/

Sounds good I am sure they will accept it.
                Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post
                  How to discuss Climate change with today's "woke" teenagers
                  https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/w...limate-change/

Sounds good I am sure they will accept it.
                  I like it. Will it work?
                  Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                  Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                  Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                  Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                  Learn something new every day

Comment

Working...
                  X