Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

It's a strange world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a strange world

Advertisements for mobile phones used to concentrate on coverage, reception, memory, reliability etc. Now it seems the only consideration and selling point in mobile phone adverts is the quality of the cameras installed. The same applies to cars as it's no longer the fuel consumption, size, warranty, top speed but the fact it has a high tech console with blue tooth, wireless, Dab Radio ad infinitum fitted as standard that forms the basic focus of the advertisements.

Stop the world I want to get off !

Jax

Re: It's a strange world

Get in the queue...
    It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Comment

The toys in the car are an acknowlegement that for the majority of time the car will be stuck in a queue or traffic jam and the fancy toys are to entertain the driver and passengers.
      This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
        The toys in the car are an acknowlegement that for the majority of time the car will be stuck in a queue or traffic jam and the fancy toys are to entertain the driver and passengers.
        That could explain why a certain marque of cars ( 3 letters ) are equipped with Tom & Jerry cartoons as standard

Nooo ! Not Kia

Jax

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
          The toys in the car are an acknowledgement that for the majority of time the car will be stuck in a queue or traffic jam and the fancy toys are to entertain the driver and passengers.
          The salesmen/women never, ever mention that you will never find anywhere to park your new car either.
          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
            The salesmen/women never, ever mention that you will never find anywhere to park your new car either.
            Or that when you do eventually find a space, the shiny new paintwork will probably be keyed when you return.

Jax

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
              Or that when you do eventually find a space, the shiny new paintwork will probably be keyed when you return.

Jax
              Or more likely dented by the doors of adjacent cars.
              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

On a recent visit to B&Q where the parking spaces are a little short of width, I ensured I was evenly positioned between the white lines. Whist waiting for the wife to return, I was confronted by a scary apparition in a long black knitted dress down to her ankles and brandishing a walking stick in the air. She duly informed me I had blocked her car in and she was unable to open the door wide enough to get into the driving seat. I pointed out I had parked perfectly between the white lines and couldn't understand why she was having difficulty.

All to no avail as she threatened to call store security or the police. I decided discretion was the better part of valour and reversing to allow her more space to get her skinny, withered 6 stone body into her car was preferable to getting mine damaged.

She then spent the next 5 minutes trying to reverse her car out of the parking space glaring threateningly at me at every attempt.

Sometimes it's just not worth getting out of bed

Jax

Comment

It could be worse. No matter where I park in the B&Q car park I usually come back to find a bunch of hairy arsed builders have parked their flat bed Transit 6" away from my car, have covered it with cement dust and laid a carpet of nails and screws!

Then they head off with their Stihl Saws and do their best to cover every vehicle with half a mile with brick and concrete dust.

It doesn't help that I hate B&Q with a vengeance!
                  ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

I have a simple answer to that. I don't go to B&Q! The nearest one's over an hour away and the local builder's merchants generally have what I want at a considerably lower price!
                    Regards
                    Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                      Or more likely dented by the doors of adjacent cars.
                      I always try to park next to newer cars than mine, ideally at one end of a line to reduce the risk by 50%. Given up parking in the middle of an empty expanse of car park because that just means when you return to the car there will be another alongside in the formerly empty expanse.

Comment

Working...
                      X