Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Scam

John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Re: Latest Scam

I suppose if you weren't prepared for the call you could have pressed ....... 3 .....

Comment

I have just received a letter telling me that I am due money for a wayleave over my property by the local electricity company!!

Sherwill Drake Forbes will get 20% commission for doing the work. When they can show me where any power line crosses my property, I might take vague notice...……………...

Bye the way, is this possible???

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...ensation-claim
      Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
        I have just received a letter telling me that I am due money for a wayleave over my property by the local electricity company!!

Sherwill Drake Forbes will get 20% commission for doing the work. When they can show me where any power line crosses my property, I might take vague notice...……………...

Bye the way, is this possible???

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...ensation-claim
        ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Does that work for Severn Trent drains as well?
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
            Does that work for Severn Trent drains as well?
            Probably, if it isn't serving your property directly.
            ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Nope doesn't serve us at all. Just seems to go from one road to another as far as I can see.

Comment

Nope doesn't serve us at all. Just seems to go from one road to another as far as I can see.
                In that case there may be a Wayleave arrangement, but in return you have to allow access for maintenance or repair, and cannot build over it.
                ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Even more interesting Nigel not aware of any wayleave arrangement but it is built over.

Comment

Even more interesting Nigel not aware of any wayleave arrangement but it is built over.
                    Begins to sound like your solicitor was not doing his job when you bought the house then. Its his work that show up these anomalies....
                    Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Strange how this thread turned from a nice little joke to a serious discussion regarding wayleave's

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
                        Strange how this thread turned from a nice little joke to a serious discussion regarding wayleave's
                        That's the nature of this forum. So long as it's creating an interesting discussion it's okay with me.
                        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                          That's the nature of this forum. So long as it's creating an interesting discussion it's okay with me.
                          Some of us never think inside the box, or have difficulty doing so. That is why I hate meetings where the chairperson insists that we follow the set agenda. Answers are often found a long way outside of the box!
                          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

It might be an idea to get in touch with the Water Board who will have responsibility for such things.

To quote: "A Wayleave is a legally binding agreement between a land or property owner and Telecoms, Utilities or Fibre providers that grants access for the installation and subsequent maintenance or management of network cabling and equipment over or under land."

If the drain was installed some time before your property was built it may well be that no such agreement exists. However, as Mark says, your Solicitor should have reported this when carrying out searches.
                            ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                              At the very least it seems to have livened the Lounge up. That can't be a bad thing as it's been very quiet and floundering since political discussions were banned in the playground ( notice I didn't mention the "B" word )

Jax

Comment

Working...
                              X