Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Latest Scam

Originally posted by Jax View Post
    At the very least it seems to have livened the Lounge up. That can't be a bad thing as it's been very quiet and floundering since political discussions were banned in the playground ( notice I didn't mention the "B" word )

Jax
    What "B" word? Has something happened Jax?
    ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

I'd need to dig out some old paperwork to check what was said at the time. But that was 30 years ago now so may take a while to find!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
        What "B" word? Has something happened Jax?
        Nothing really important Nigel. It's just that the B's in Europe have got B over a B and he doesn't have the B to sort out the B mess

Jax

Comment

Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post
            They didn't withhold the number they called from 01642 653616.

So be aware.
            There is no need to withhold numbers now. You can simply purchase or rent a virtual land line number for anywhere in the country and all calls are forwarded to your mobile. No doubt the mobile is a Sim only and untraceable.

Presumably the major phone companies BT etc. are quite happy to allow this to happen.

The country is becoming a Scammers Heaven !

Jax

Comment

You might like to try calling the number. My guess is that it will be an unobtainable number like most scam and sales calls.

There are hundreds of apps, many free, that allow you to 'call' from any number you like using a mobile phone.

Many of the dodgy calls that we receive show our local 01740 dialling code but the caller usually has a Scouse or Asian accent. If you call the number back it will be unobtainable.
              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                You might like to try calling the number. My guess is that it will be an unobtainable number like most scam and sales calls.

There are hundreds of apps, many free, that allow you to 'call' from any number you like using a mobile phone.

Many of the dodgy calls that we receive show our local 01740 dialling code but the caller usually has a Scouse or Asian accent. If you call the number back it will be unobtainable.
                I just tried calling the number and after ringing for a while was answered by a little old lady who sounded very nervous. She would not speak and eventually put the phone down. Not the kind of person you would expect to be doing some scam. Think whoever is doing it has used her number somehow.
                Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post
                  I just tried calling the number and after ringing for a while was answered by a little old lady who sounded very nervous. She would not speak and eventually put the phone down. Not the kind of person you would expect to be doing some scam. Think whoever is doing it has used her number somehow.
                  She has probably received a few calls so I understand how she feels.

The scammers want to give themselves credibility which mobile numbers don't provide so they use a landline number, probably picked at random.
                  ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Working...
                  X