Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

dunno

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HELP! dunno

    Not sure of a title hence the 'dunno', cos that is the problem, I dunno the answer to this question.

    My camera club has a website, https://www.hadleighcameraclub.com. When I go to the members gallery, no photos show. They show for other club members, but not me or my wife. I am using safari or chrome.
    They show for the webmaster, who also uses safari.

    Any ideas why this should happen, or not happen in this case?
    sigpicDave

  • #2
    Re: dunno

    Originally posted by sapper View Post
    Not sure of a title hence the 'dunno', cos that is the problem, I dunno the answer to this question.

    My camera club has a website, https://www.hadleighcameraclub.com. When I go to the members gallery, no photos show. They show for other club members, but not me or my wife. I am using safari or chrome.
    They show for the webmaster, who also uses safari.

    Any ideas why this should happen, or not happen in this case?

    Dunno

    Jax

    Comment


    • #3
      Graham

      We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: dunno

        Thanks Graham. That was my first step. I have since spoke to another member who has the same problem.
        Maybe I will install Firefox.
        sigpicDave

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: dunno

          You say there are no photographs Dave, but do you see links to the photographs that should there, or empty boxes?

          There may be security settings to prevent the download of images. There may also be settings to prevent files over a certain size from being displayed to avoid excessive data use. This is common on mobile devices but there might be a setting on your machine too.

          If my suspicions are correct installing another browser wouldn't make any difference.
          ---------------

          Naughty Nigel


          Difficult is worth doing

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: dunno

            Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
            You say there are no photographs Dave, but do you see links to the photographs that should there, or empty boxes?

            There may be security settings to prevent the download of images. There may also be settings to prevent files over a certain size from being displayed to avoid excessive data use. This is common on mobile devices but there might be a setting on your machine too.

            If my suspicions are correct installing another browser wouldn't make any difference.
            Thanks Nigel.
            No links, no boxes.
            I will check out restrictions on size of images for uploading.

            Three browsers used and no pics.
            sigpicDave

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: dunno

              Is this on a single device or do you and your wife use two devices?
              Rereading the OP, is this you looking at images you know to be on the site or are you uploading images? You’ve thrown a curved ball in by mentioning upload limits.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: dunno

                I didn't mention upload limits. I am looking for images that I have uploaded, and which I have had acknowledgment from the webmaster, so should show.
                We are looking on three different devices. And another club member cannot see members photos, yet the webmaster can see everyones images.
                sigpicDave

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: dunno

                  I don't use Safari or Chrome but I would try and bring up the page info (what it is called in firefox) to look at the html code and find the entries for the photos (in firefox these are conveniently lumped under the media tab). Its also worth trying to log on to the site (as you) on a known working setup to see if it is your web account permissions. Without an account of my own it is difficult to see much and give you more advice.
                  Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                  Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                  Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                  Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                  Learn something new every day

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: dunno

                    Originally posted by sapper View Post
                    Thanks Nigel.
                    No links, no boxes.
                    I will check out restrictions on size of images for uploading.

                    Three browsers used and no pics.
                    Dave, can you see other people's images on the same server, or on other sites for that matter? I am wondering whether your IP address might be blocked for some reason.

                    You have probably tried this, but I would turn the router off overnight so that you get a different IP address when you switch it on again in the morning. IP address leases are are allocated whenever you switch the router on (only corporate clients use static IP addresses), but the IP address won't usually change whilst your router is powered up.
                    ---------------

                    Naughty Nigel


                    Difficult is worth doing

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X