Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Duxford news....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duxford news....

Just been to the municipal tip - which means driving past Duxford IWM.

The Dakotas are assembling ready for next week’s event, I think I saw about half a dozen there.. maybe more! The road signs tell me its an advance booking only event, so make sure you get a ticket if you’re planning to visit!
    I didn’t get where I am today....

Re: Duxford news....

They are flying over Southend, hope to get a shot when I know the timings.
    sigpicDave

Comment

Originally posted by sapper View Post
      The schedule is a PDF download from THIS SITE. they leave Duxford around 2:30.

Comment

Originally posted by sapper View Post
        Route here and full timings here. Apparently over Southend at 14:29 hours. Pity they are not coming within spitting distance of Biggin Hill, Maidstone is just too far out.
        Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
        Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
        Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
        Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
        Learn something new every day

Comment

Went past today and several lined up on the grass...looking forward to going on Tuesday with friends and it looks like i'm getting the chance to see inside the lead aircraft 'That's All Brother', which was found in the USA and restored at enormous cost. This aircraft was the actual lead aircraft on DDay, so a very exciting prospect if it happens.

Peter.
          OMD-EM1 Mk2, 40-150. f2.8Pro, MC-14 converter, 7-14mm 2.8, 17mm 1.8, 45mm 1.8G, OM50mm 1.8, OM 28mm F2.8, OM 200mm F4 Giottos Silk Road YTL8384Tripod Giottos MH5011 head FL36 and other bits and bobs...
          I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
          www.flickr.com/photos/141996687@N02/

Comment

Originally posted by Rocknroll59 View Post
            Went past today and several lined up on the grass...looking forward to going on Tuesday with friends and it looks like i'm getting the chance to see inside the lead aircraft 'That's All Brother', which was found in the USA and restored at enormous cost. This aircraft was the actual lead aircraft on DDay, so a very exciting prospect if it happens.

Peter.
            I'm going both days as I live so far away... may even pop over Monday afternoon as well...

Just cycled over - as I can never find the correct cycle path and keep getting lost... I counted 9 or 10 there today! looks like it's going to be a good day out!

Comment

Just cooking on the BBQ and SEVEN DC3's just flew over...

Managed to race inside to grab the camera, to see a couple of them going round again to land... and missed them!

Comment

We saw a clip of the airshow on our TV tonight, spectacular aerobatics, looked dangerous!
                My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
                The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
                On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

WOW 5 formations of three planes just flew over in close succession! Even though Duxford is closed now!

It’s looking really good for tomorrow!

Comment

Found out why they were flying at 6:50... when the place shuts at 5...

Apparently the CAA were unhappy with the quality of the formation flying so after a stern talking to they did an extra practice to get the CAA approval for today and tomorrow!

Took far to many photos today as normal and will put a few up in a while!

Comment

Here's a flavour pf the day...

Comment

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Great set, Paul.

Lovely to see these wonderful aircraft looking so good.

Comment

This plane was the original leading plane from the 6 June flight, and will be leading tomorrows flight of 28ish plane tomorrow (there's a possibility some additional planes may arrive first thing...)

The history of the plane was read out by the commentator and he was regaining the crowd with the tale that it was sent off to be modified having turbo props to replace the radials, when someone realised the historic importance of the plane and it was hastily rescued...

That's all folks!

...and in flight! with two others from that first flight mission.

Comment

saw the gentleman with the suit and case, pity the parachute drop was cancelled. I also saw Carol Voderman, but had my wide angle lens on then so couldn't get a close up...traffic was awful getting in though. Will post a few of mine up in due course.

Peter
                              OMD-EM1 Mk2, 40-150. f2.8Pro, MC-14 converter, 7-14mm 2.8, 17mm 1.8, 45mm 1.8G, OM50mm 1.8, OM 28mm F2.8, OM 200mm F4 Giottos Silk Road YTL8384Tripod Giottos MH5011 head FL36 and other bits and bobs...
                              I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
                              www.flickr.com/photos/141996687@N02/

Comment

Working...
                              X