Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Cremation Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cremation Integration

Well it all works together you see; he picks up the body in his taxi,
    conducts the service, cremates the body with bottled gas, and
    flogs John Doe's goods & chattels in his bric-a-brac shop!

IT'S ALL VERY CLEAR …

And whilst on the subject of "toddling off", I mean dying, so let me call it for what it is without euphemism. I visited my late wife Janette's grave yesterday to
    plant daffodils and Jonquils on her garden; a bitterly cold day. Eldorado cemetery lies 27km east of town, and before she died I bought two plots, one for myself also.
    I have never feared dying as such, if not the sometimes ghastly means that may precede it. Generally speaking it's a natural event like birth which is cause for celebration
    although not always without trauma. Anyway, before this turns into a sermon and on a lighter note, I thought I would share with you this fisheye with both feet in my own grave!

My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
    The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
    On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Re: Cremation Integration

Well said.
      Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
      Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
      Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
      Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
      Learn something new every day

Comment

Mark, OM, and all the Likes - I was hardly expecting this thread to be over-subscribed; conversations about mortality is a topic that we tend to avoid, yet I see no reason why it should be. Except in the case of accidental or violent death (upon which humans will talk incessantly) it's a natural event like birth that we celebrate. No one is getting any younger. I see our life as a journey through a period of awareness lasting "three score years and ten", or whatever until transition into another time and place. So perhaps on a brighter note I'll conclude this uneasy monologue with some time honoured good advice from Corinthians, "Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die!", hey, isn't that what Wakes are all about … Cheers ! ! ! .
        My Flickr

Comment

Or, to quote Matthew 6.27: "Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"
          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Mathew had a good point there, Nige'
            My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post

You don't need to show that's your spot you are standing on.
              * Henry
              * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Originally posted by blu-by-u View Post
                You don't need to show that's your spot you are standing on.
                The dangers of fisheye lenses.
                ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                  The dangers of fisheye lenses.
                  Tell me about it.. My finger was in the Laowa wide 7.5mm
                  * Henry
                  * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Continuing Mark's original theme, there is a crematorium in the midlands where 'waste heat' is used to heat the water in the adjoining municipal swimming pool.

A lot of people expressed concerns about this, although it was pointed out that spending more time in the pool would delay your contribution to heating it.
                    ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                      Continuing Mark's original theme, there is a crematorium in the midlands where 'waste heat' is used to heat the water in the adjoining municipal swimming pool.

A lot of people expressed concerns about this, although it was pointed out that spending more time in the pool would delay your contribution to heating it.
                      Possibly a variation on the concept of Soular Heating

Jax

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
                        Possibly a variation on the concept of Soular Heating

Jax
                        No tombstoning allowed in the pool though.
                        ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Mark, OM
                          Well, our son 'works in the business' as it were, and tells some interesting tales about some of their customers' final moments here on earth. As they say, what a way to go!
                          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Personally, my instructions to my kids is that I am to be buried, not cremated (that may follow) hence the 'unscripted' memorial - In this regard I am open to suggestions - "I told you I was sick" is a good one but it's already been used.

Have you heard about the new eco friendly Green cremation is a gentle, eco-friendly alternative to flame-based cremation or casket burials. It is a quiet process that uses water and potassium hydroxide to reduce the body to its basic element of bone ash. The ashes are then returned to the family.

Also, an interesting broadcast on ABC Radio National presented by Robyn Williams on Natural Burial:
                            "Cremation in a coffin produces 160Kg of carbon dioxide. An alternative is cardboard coffins and biodegradable shrouds. Some are suggesting the establishment of burial grounds in forests, so that decomposing bodies eventually become sequestered into the wood of trees, rather than becoming gaseous carbon dioxide, adding to an already overloaded atmosphere."
                            My Flickr

Comment

Green cremation is a gentle, eco-friendly alternative to flame-based crematdecomposing bodies eventually become sequestered into the wood of trees, rather than becoming gaseous carbon dioxide, adding to an already overloaded atmosphere."

Mighty oaks from little acorns grow, or possibly....... from little Aussie Journalists

Jax

Comment

Working...
                              X