And the point is?...
    Paul
    E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
    flickr
    Portfolio Site
    Instagram

Comment

Re: European Leader of the Year

It's just typical of the EU. The man who has achieved nothing wins the popularity contest amongst his fellow eurocrats.

Not allowed to talk politics on here so will say no more
      Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Nice to see a bit of back slapping, makes a change from the back stabbing here in UK politics!
        Last edited by Beagletorque; 8th May 2019, 09:20 AM. Reason: Save any misunderstanding...
        Stuff from Cuba
        More stuff from Cuba
        It all started here

Comment

I suggest we stop this here. We'll only end up reinforcing our prejudices and falling out again.
          Paul
          E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
          flickr
          Portfolio Site
          Instagram

Comment

Nothing new to write home about. A simple case of: You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.
            It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Comment

I remember Lilian Thuram playing for France, superb defender and a very important member of their 1998 World Cup winning side.
              Also recall the current Liberian president George Weah being a rather good footballer too.

Comment

I don't see May on the list!

Perhaps there ought to be a 'European Leader Wooden Spoon' or a 'Cap with Bells and a Bladder on a Stick' award!

Jim

Comment

The Eurovision Song Contest takes place shortly. I cannot abide the show myself but the scores always provide an interesting commentary on international relations of the day.

Norway always used to be the country to score 'nil point' until we invaded Iraq when it became our turn. I wonder what our score will be this year?
                  ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

I keep asking the question about Greta Thunberg, and how she can reconcile having big dogs while campaigning for change to save the planet...

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/4/16...climate-change
                    Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
                      I keep asking the question about Greta Thunberg, and how she can reconcile having big dogs while campaigning for change to save the planet...

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/4/16...climate-change
                      Is it any different to the showbiz luvvies who fly to climate change protests in their private Jets?
                      ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                        Is it any different to the showbiz luvvies who fly to climate change protests in their private Jets?

Comment

Regards,
                          Mark

------------------------------
                          http://www.microcontrast.com
                          Too much Oly gear.
                          Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
                          Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

I strongly believe that we need to urgently address the problems of climate change, species destruction and environmental pollution. It is unfortunate that the behaviour of some activists is hypocritical at best, but that doesn't alter the fact that urgent action is needed.
                            ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

I suspect, if we are honest, that we are all more than a little hypocritical when it comes to combating climate change. We need to act fast but, equally important we need to learn exactly what it is we need to do and how we need to lead our lives. Even just a few years ago who would have thought owning a dog would damage the Planet? 40 years ago we believed that one of the greatest challenges of the future would be running out of fossil fuels and we never thought that we would have to abandon them for entirely different reasons. Sure, we had a nebulous concept of air pollution, but by switching from 4 star to unleaded petrol and Thatcher closing all the dark, satanic mills we thought we had that base covered.

But now we need to question everything. Do I really need the room light on to type this nonsense? is being on the computer to do this a good use of the electricity? But hey, I've just switched to a provider who supplies 100% renewable electricity so now I don't need to worry. Err, no - it all comes from the same grid so the power I use is no better or worse than my neighbour's. I've just got up to turn out that light; it's not much but it is a start.....
                              John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Working...
                              X