Recent Thread Closure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Thread Closure

It is now over 24 hours since the most recent thread closure. Shenstone stated this was only a temporary measure to allow Admin time to debate.

Are we, as members, going to be given the courtesy of being informed what decision has been reached or is it a case of No Comment and the thread simply to remain closed ?

Jax

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Re: Recent Thread Closure

Originally posted by Jax View Post
      ..... or is it a case of No Comment and the thread simply to remain closed ?

Hopefully .....
      Andy
      bengeo.com

Comment

Very valid comment Graham but unfortunately, with the same skill as a seasoned politician, you have managed to totally avoid the question asked.

Jax

Comment

Very valid comment Graham but unfortunately, with the same skill as a seasoned politician, you have managed to totally avoid the question asked.

Jax
          Graham

Comment

There was no insult intended Graham although I do agree with you that it could have been considered so

Thank you for bringing it back to attention.

Jax

Comment

It is now over 24 hours since the most recent thread closure. Shenstone stated this was only a temporary measure to allow Admin time to debate.

Are we, as members, going to be given the courtesy of being informed what decision has been reached or is it a case of No Comment and the thread simply to remain closed ?

Jax
              Unfortunately we do have lives outside the forum and it is not always possible for the four of us to consult each other as quickly as we would like. In this instance Ian has been busy with the Photo Show, editing his pod cast and, I believe, attending a certain demonstration in London today, which is perhaps a more appropriate platform for expressing views on the most topical current affair than a photo forum.

Graham has only just returned from holiday and needs time to get up to date with what's been happening. My 92 year old Mum had a heart operation on Thursday and my wife and son continue to suffer ill health, requiring regular hospital appointments. Oh, and then there is my Parkinson's, which quickly gets out of control when I get any stress. Despite all this Andy, Ian and I have had preliminary discussions on the options available to us, including some form of restricted forum page that would be less strictly moderated but available only on application.

Of course, we could simply tire of all the hassle that political topics cause us and the constant criticism of the way we moderate these threads and adopt a No Politics policy like many other photo forums. So, are you going to allow us time to review our policy in a measured, thoughtful way or not?
              John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                Unfortunately we do have lives outside the forum and it is not always possible for the four of us to consult each other as quickly as we would like. In this instance Ian has been busy with the Photo Show, editing his pod cast and, I believe, attending a certain demonstration in London today, which is perhaps a more appropriate platform for expressing views on the most topical current affair than a photo forum.

Graham has only just returned from holiday and needs time to get up to date with what's been happening. My 92 year old Mum had a heart operation on Thursday and my wife and son continue to suffer ill health, requiring regular hospital appointments. Oh, and then there is my Parkinson's, which quickly gets out of control when I get any stress. Despite all this Andy, Ian and I have had preliminary discussions on the options available to us, including some form of restricted forum page that would be less strictly moderated but available only on application.

Of course, we could simply tire of all the hassle that political topics cause us and the constant criticism of the way we moderate these threads and adopt a No Politics policy like many other photo forums. So, are you going to allow us time to review our policy in a measured, thoughtful way or not?
                Jeeez ! Calm down, take a deep breath ! I only asked

Jax

Comment

Jeeez ! Calm down, take a deep breath ! I only asked

Jax
                  Thank you for your advice
                  John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

.... adopt a No Politics policy like many other photo forums.
                    Good idea. Simple to moderate too, just delete anything that breaks the rule.
                    Andy
                    bengeo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bengeo View Post
                      Good idea. Simple to moderate too, just delete anything that breaks the rule.
                      As the member who made the original complaint, I think that having a No Politics rule may go some way towards reducing friction but not entirely.

Certain members seem to delight in making aggressive, inconsiderate posts and have a history of doing so, whether the subject is politics or not.

I appreciate as Graham pointed out, in a textual medium instead of face to face, these comments are sometimes mis-interpreted so we can possibly all be guilty occasionally. However, until the members who DO enjoy making aggressive and unsavoury comments either learn restraint or are dealt with by Admin, IMHO the problem will continue.

Maybe as opposed to a closed, application only, political thread, we should create "The Boxing Ring" where these members can vent their spleen, argue, fight, be agressive, just be their normal selves with no restrictions.

Darkroom

Comment

This seems to be a rather unnecessary over reaction by an Administrator to what is a genuine polite basic question from a forum member.

Darkroom

Comment

Graham

Comment

That's good news Graham I sincerely hope the operation was not due to an attack of Pinocchioitus

Darkroom

Comment

From my point of view its all harmless handbags at ten paces type stuff.
                              Happy to repeat anything I've ever written face to face, hardly vile abuse.

By their own admission the vast majority on here are getting on in years a bit.
                              Bit ironic that some take offense very quickly yet would condemn the younger generation for being over sensitive.

Why not just let things run. what's the worst outcome?
                              Someone flounces off or gets the sulks, not exactly the end of the world.
                              After all you can just choose to not look at a particular section or thread

Comment

Working...
                              X