• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Streaming music

Has it arrived yet Tim ?

Darkroom

Comment

Nothing yet, I think it estimated Monday. Gonna have to find another EoP plug or buy another as I’m going to struggle to get Ethernet to the location. It’s wireless so may just end up using that. It is wireless isn’t it?

Comment

The problem might occur when she decides to sell it and bases the price on what you said it cost....
        This space for rent

Comment

Yes Tim it is wireless, bluetooth and also Ethernet connection. My router is in another room and the Roberts connects perfectly.

Estimated Monday ? I didn't realise it was purchased from Asia

Darkroom

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
            The problem might occur when she decides to sell it and bases the price on what you said it cost....
            I have a houseful of quality "Boys Toys" and that thought truly haunts me

Best thing would be to have an Ebay Fest before I pop my clogs.

Darkroom

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post

Comment

Update: wife accepted a box from courier (first part of plan gone wrong at first hurdle!) so I’ll take a shufty when she pops out later....

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                  Update: wife accepted a box from courier (first part of plan gone wrong at first hurdle!) so I’ll take a shufty when she pops out later....
                  I suggest that you carefully open the box and remove its expensive contents, then replace them with something cheap and innocuous, followed by carefully resealing the box.

When your wife gets home make a show of opening the box and displaying the contents.

Just make sure that the replacement object is one that she would recognise as being cheap.

Your secret is still safe with us, but just remember that you owe us Big Time!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                    I suggest that you carefully open the box and remove its expensive contents, then replace them with something cheap and innocuous, followed by carefully resealing the box.

When your wife gets home make a show of opening the box and displaying the contents.

Just make sure that the replacement object is one that she would recognise as being cheap.

Your secret is still safe with us, but just remember that you owe us Big Time!

Jim
                    I can offer some vacuum cleaner or washing machine parts if that helps.
                    ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

I think the problem might occur when SWMBO realises just how many cameras I have. In my defence I could point towards the wardrobe and her shoe shelf.
                      ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

The camera thing is easy, I just buy black ones and they all look the same.

Now, first thoughts, having got it all up and running, CD (how quaint, rotating media!) plays fine it just doesn’t know what it’s playing. Is that right? I was expecting it to pop off to Gracenote and identify the album?

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                          The camera thing is easy, I just buy black ones and they all look the same.
                          A bight red dot on the front is a bit of a giveaway though.
                          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                            A bight red dot on the front is a bit of a giveaway though.

Comment

Sorry Tim, I forgot to mention about the CD titles, it just shows track numbers. It doesn't show the titles of the 78rpm records on my turntable either

Doesn't really bother me as mine in fitted into an entertainment unit and about 12 inches off the floor, so unless I lie flat on the floor I can't read the display anyway. I simply rely on the phone app. or remote control. Actually, If I was to lay flat on the floor, I would need a block & tackle to get me up again.

Darkroom

Comment

It’s not only CD titles but also MP3s on an SD card too....hmmmmm....this might be going back.....
                                I’m guessing it will be exactly the same with USB so how about streamed tracks, does it show artist and track names then?

Comment

Working...
                                X