Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Political Posts

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Political Posts

Originally posted by Tram View Post
    Thought it was all harmless banter...
    Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

We are all entitled to opinions, and discussion is valuable. But it needs to kept in a good mannered form. I quite enjoyed most of the posts, though not brainy enough to join in...……...
      Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
        We are all entitled to opinions, and discussion is valuable. But it needs to kept in a good mannered form. I quite enjoyed most
        Or possibly intelligent enough to make the decision not to join in

Darkroom

Comment

My experience of the Brixit discussion is that I get to know the opinions of (OK, a limited selection) of people, other than politicians and journalists, of which I would otherwise be unaware.

Harold
          The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Its always interesting and enlightening to discover other points of view. But they have to be made in a good mannered way, and respect others thoughts/ views. Getting overheated is a human condition, but most of here are of an age when we should be aware that "we are all friends" and thus take others views with respect and perhaps (hopefully) with appropriate humour.

Whilst we are primarily interested in photography, Oly in particular, I see no reason why we cannot express "political" views, with manners and moderation.
            Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

I make it a point to never say anything online I wouldn't say in person.
              Not sure that applies to everybody and rather cowardly if so.

Internet seems to bring out another side to people hence all the online abuse.
              Can't imagine some saying the things they do face to face
              Always liken it to the people you see browsing magazines in WH Smith.
              Some very weedy looking individuals reading Guns and Ammo and MMA journals.

Comment

Oh dear, when I posted this thread it was intended to encourage members to restrict their political discussions to the appropriate place. Instead it seems to have become yet another platform for debate. My bad, I guess, for not immediately closing it after posting.

Well, let's put that right and in fact I think we could all do with a break so I'm at least temporarily closing the other thread too.
                John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Working...
                X