Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Corbyn at the Cenotaph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Corbyn at the Cenotaph

Originally posted by Rocknroll59 View Post
    Well at least he turned up, but as my wife studies body language he def didn't want to be there..!!

Peter
    Exactly right.

Corbyn doesn't give a diddly squat.
    Dave

My Flickr

Comment

I stood at our town war memorial in anorak as did about 70 members of my Scout Group.

I suppose I am to be condemned too?
      OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Originally posted by alfbranch View Post
        I stood at our town war memorial in anorak as did about 70 members of my Scout Group.

A strong and valid point which I respect.
        All the best

Phil
        https://www.flickr.com/gp/gatekeeperphil/44A3Dc

Comment

Of course not. You are not trying to be our next prime Minister and leader of our country as far as I am aware.

Do we expect our soldiers to wear a uniform when on parade ?
          Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Comment

No, because your name isn't Jeremy Corbyn and people don't try to discredit you in every possible way.
              John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                No, because your name isn't Jeremy Corbyn and people don't try to discredit you in every possible way.

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post
                  Of course not. You are not trying to be our next prime Minister and leader of our country as far as I am aware.

Do we expect our soldiers to wear a uniform when on parade ?
                  Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                  Well we usually parade in uniform but as this Northwest England it pouring with rain and we would have been soaked through in minutes.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
                  OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

I asked the question "Would we be happy if an undertaker wore an anorak or jeans an a Tee shirt?" Nobody has yet offered a cogent reply.

My point was and is that whatever Corbyn's views he is expected to attend the Cenotaph in his professional capacity. He is not an unpaid volunteer Scout leader.

Attending the annual Remembrance parade goes with his job, and whether he likes it or not he should fulfil that duty with the utmost professionalism. What part of that duty did he not understand when he put himself up for the job?

If he doesn't like the heat he should get out of the kitchen.
                    ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                      I asked the question "Would we be happy if an undertaker wore an anorak or jeans an a Tee shirt?" Nobody has yet offered a cogent reply.

My point was and is that whatever Corbyn's views he is expected to attend the Cenotaph in his professional capacity. He is not an unpaid volunteer Scout leader.

Attending the annual Remembrance parade goes with his job, and whether he likes it or not he should fulfil that duty with the utmost professionalism. What part of that duty did he not understand when he put himself up for the job?

If he doesn't like the heat he should get out of the kitchen.

Comment

Working...
                      X