Angry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Angry?

The traffic police love good chase! If your car is better than they can afford personally you are in deep trouble.

Harold
    The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post
      The traffic police love good chase! If your car is better than they can afford personally you are in deep trouble.

Harold
      The police used to enjoy a good chase, especially the motorcycle police. The more enlightened officers would point out how you could improve your riding style, road positioning and so forth. The worst you could usually expect was a good 'finger wagging' at the roadside in view of your friends but it all seems to be about targets and quotas now.
      ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

I would have agreed with you about the radio but it has gone downhill recently and there is a current debate about why Radio 4 "Today" is losing listeners. It's quite simple, interviewers are deeply in love with the sound of their own voice and drown out what interviewees are trying to say. Most of the Radio 4 comedy is now dire, unfunny and infantile.

Harold
        Yes, I have noticed that. I think it is the Paxo effect where interviewers seem to think they are cross examining interviewees, often whilst trying to put their own views across.

Radio 3 is good though if you pick the right time.
        ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Harold

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
            Just one instance of driving at 120 MPH + on a deserted motorway is far more likely to result in a jail term than burglary or violent offending.
            Gulp!

Jim

Comment

• Comment

• ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Regarding 'toe rags' and 'disruptive pupils' we used to have 'Approved Schools' and 'Borstals', didn't we ?

What happened to them ?

I remember an 'Approved School' near where I lived and our school a football match against theirs. They came from all over the country, none were local.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Dewi9 View Post
                    Regarding 'toe rags' and 'disruptive pupils' we used to have 'Approved Schools' and 'Borstals', didn't we ?

What happened to them ?

I remember an 'Approved School' near where I lived and our school a football match against theirs. They came from all over the country, none were local.

David
                    I think they closed years ago, with those involved 'integrated' into mainstream education. There are still a number of Young Offenders Institutions but you only get sent to one of those if remanded or on the orders of a court.

Borstals and 'approved schools' were effectively boarding schools for naughty boys, but I think students were allowed some freedom so it would make sense for them to be located well away from home. I also suspect that in many cases 'home' was the problem.
                    ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

If you have money then you will be fined; if you have a job or a family life then you will be jailed; if you have neither then these are not punishments but an infringment of your personal welfare and will not stop you re-offending anyway. Thats how it works I think.
                      Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                      Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                      Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                      Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                      Learn something new every day

Comment

Working...
                      X