• Show
Clear All

Re: Angry?

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
    Yep. And a free laptop at school.

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
      All these found ailments are so the parents (often just the one) needn’t feel like they’ve done a bad job (which in most cases they have) but little Kanye was always going to be a bad ‘un cos he has <insert latest niche ailment here>
      It might have something to do with the 'low genetic diversity' of the parents; sorry, of the mother and her partner.
      ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

This is going to get me started on iPhones and tattoos at this rate!

Comment

This is going to get me started on iPhones and tattoos at this rate!
          What about Sky TV subscriptions?
          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
            I thought that after a ban the person had to pass a driving test before returning to the road.
            I think that is so. I wasn't sure about that.

Harold
            The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

What about Sky TV subscriptions?

Comment

Frankly I don't consider any television to be a necessity. I would far rather listen to the wireless. Other than Chris Evens I find radio broadcasting to be considerably more intelligent.
                ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

I don’t think your average younger ‘person’ has the concentration to listen to a radio for more than a few minutes at a time.

Comment

On a separate but related subject, browsing the newspapers in the Co-op this morning (I didn't buy any of them) I see the Torygraph leads with "Ex-Criminal magistrates would boost diversity" reporting the comments of John Bache, Chairman of the Magistrates Association.

Meanwhile the Wail is asking "what does it take to get locked up", criticising "appalling soft justice meted out by courts".

(I can answer that question: speeding! Just one instance of driving at 120 MPH + on a deserted motorway is far more likely to result in a jail term than burglary or violent offending.)

Elsewhere there are stories of black and dark skinned people using dangerous skin lighting products, whilst at the same time some white people feel the need to use fake tans and dangerous sun beds.

We really have lost the plot.
                    ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

• Re: Angry?

I don’t think your average younger ‘person’ has the concentration to listen to a radio for more than a few minutes at a time.
                      But why is that?

I don't disagree with you but why is it that 'younger people' lack the attention span needed to listen to a radio programme? We used to be glued to the wireless for hours!
                      ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Yes, I think Johns right, low attention span due to social media distractions etc. I find it difficult to put down my iPad most evenings and find myself doing exactly what was mentioned, dipping in and out of TV while distracted by things like this forum!

Comment

On a separate but related subject, browsing the newspapers in the Co-op this morning (I didn't buy any of them)

Comment

On a separate but related subject, browsing the newspapers in the Co-op this morning (I didn't buy any of them) I see the Torygraph leads with "Ex-Criminal magistrates would boost diversity" reporting the comments of John Bache, Chairman of the Magistrates Association.

Meanwhile the Wail is asking "what does it take to get locked up", criticising "appalling soft justice meted out by courts".

(I can answer that question: speeding! Just one instance of driving at 120 MPH + on a deserted motorway is far more likely to result in a jail term than burglary or violent offending.)

Elsewhere there are stories of black and dark skinned people using dangerous skin lighting products, whilst at the same time some white people feel the need to use fake tans and dangerous sun beds.

All the best

Phil
                            https://www.flickr.com/gp/gatekeeperphil/44A3Dc

Comment

Comment

Frankly I don't consider any television to be a necessity. I would far rather listen to the wireless. Other than Chris Evens I find radio broadcasting to be considerably more intelligent.
                                Most evenings of the week I find nothing worth watching on TV (terrestrial/freeview). I would have agreed with you about the radio but it has gone downhill recently and there is a current debate about why Radio 4 "Today" is losing listeners. It's quite simple, interviewers are deeply in love with the sound of their own voice and drown out what interviewees are trying to say. Most of the Radio 4 comedy is now dire, unfunny and infantile.

Harold
                                The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Working...
                                X