Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Angry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Angry?

Anger Management

All the best

Phil
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/gatekeeperphil/44A3Dc

Comment

There was a superb, and real video of John Prescott giving a protester a fine left hook.

Found it.
      ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Johnheatingman
        ..... Sadly we have bred a generation of greedy yobs who believe they have a right to have whatever they want. No morals or consideration for others, no respect for the rule of law and it's nothing to do with social deprivation or poverty. You only have to look at the number of highly paid footballers charged with drink driving, affray, assault and worse. All perpetuated by a useless legal system, no deterrent to crime, and a country populated by too many "Do Gooders" and "Politically Correct" brigades.

John
        This!

Sums it up very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Keeper View Post
          Correct sir!
          I got there just before I scrolled down and saw the longer word. I must admit I struggled to get there, although to be fair the letter K threw me completely!

Comment

Is it just me or are our current politicians a bunch of useless wastes of time, all of them, not picking on any party but all of them? Tories are in total disarray and yet Labour are utterly failing to capitalise on it, they should be surging ahead and wiping the floor with the Tories. They all seem to be a bunch of ineffectual lightweights.

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
              Is it just me or are our current politicians a bunch of useless wastes of time, all of them, not picking on any party but all of them? Tories are in total disarray and yet Labour are utterly failing to capitalise on it, they should be surging ahead and wiping the floor with the Tories. They all seem to be a bunch of ineffectual lightweights.
              Yes. And yes.
              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                Nobody is tarring any group with the same brush Keith. But you, as an Engineer should know better than anyone that pretending a problem doesn't exist never makes it go away.

Worse still, this kind of denial angers those who feel ignored by the liberal elite in Westminster and helps to justify the actions of nationalists and other extremists.
                So who is pretending that a problem doesn't exist? I certainly am not; however, my cousin does tar all with the same brush. You don't get anywhere by doing that - except make a bad situation worse. Perhaps that\'s what some people want to do.

Comment

There was a superb, and real video of John Prescott giving a protester a fine left hook.

Found it.
                  All the best

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                    I got there just before I scrolled down and saw the longer word. I must admit I struggled to get there, although to be fair the letter K threw me completely!
                    Thanks for reading the account. I was trying at one level, to be discreet and at another level, careful not to be too obvious, given this is a family forum. In essence, he pleaded not guilty and I reckon he paid a high price for saying it. I think the sentence was harsh, as it was his first offence and he was made an example. He had a barrister to represent him and despite this, he lost the case, all from a moment of anger. Had he been a famous cricketeer
                    All the best

Phil

Comment

Thanks for reading the account. I was trying at one level, to be discreet and at another level, careful not to be too obvious, given this is a family forum. In essence, he pleaded not guilty and I reckon he paid a high price for saying it. I think the sentence was harsh, as it was his first offence and he was made an example. He had a barrister to represent him and despite this, he lost the case, all from a moment of anger. Had he been a famous cricketeer
                      If true it seems that words and speeding are now seen as being more serious than violent offences. We really have lost the plot.

G'night.
                      ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

It’s interesting reading the ‘who’s been before the courts this week’ section of the local rag (are all local papers using the same, utterly crap websites??); generally the fines / sentencing dished out to the thieves, burglars and violent affray types are all much, much lower than those handed down to motorists. There’s a feeling that shoplifters won’t get prosecuted for a first offence or a low value theft, just what sort of message does this send to people?? I really do despair for what this country is becoming. I won’t get started on the whole subject of the moped gangs seemingly being able to get away with murder in that London! I think I’d better go and lie down for an hour or two now!

Comment

It isn't a nice word by any means and not one I would use, but prison does seem harsh in the circumstances you describe. It's interesting that Pink Floyd used this word with impunity in the lyrics of "In The Flesh," from "The Wall" album, although in this case it was clearly satire aimed at the far right racist mindset.
                          John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

You might even be tempted to think that being hanged for stealing a silk handkerchief (therefore a wealthy person's handkerchief) or sent to Oz for having a meeting unapproved by Parliament might be on their way back! But hang on - if motoring offences and insulting words attract tougher penalties, would the penalty be hanging, drawing and quartering?

Comment

If true it seems that words and speeding are now seen as being more serious than violent offences. We really have lost the plot.

G'night.
                              Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Funny how both the N and the C word (not that one, the one from this thread!) both appeared in mainstream children’s book from my childhood. Is it any wonder people like my mother seem to see it as normal? Actually I’ve never heard her use either word but I’m sure we’ve had conversations about it and she’s expressed surprise that it’s now frowned upon. Dread to think what she’d think of someone bieng imprisoned. Still, good to see the powers that be have got their priorities sorted and our best interests at heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X