• Show
Clear All

• I probably shouldn't be posting this

But I will

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/03/03...man-arres.html

Regards
    Andy
    My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
    4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
    m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
    FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
    The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
    http://www.shenstone.me.uk
    http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
    https://vimeo.com/shenstone
    http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

Re: I probably shouldn't be posting this

Makes you feel proud to live in such an intelligent, free and democratic society

Comment

Wow, just wow.

I used to like visiting England, and love London of old, havinglived there for a year.

I won't go back, ever. I'll miss you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy View Post
        Wow, just wow.

I used to like visiting England, and love London of old, havinglived there for a year.

I won't go back, ever. I'll miss you all.
        Thankfully there is some hope on the horizon.

Like the USA, we will be having elections in the next year or so, and with luck we will get a change of government, although the present bunch of idiots have made it almost impossible for any opposition party to win a majority in parliament.

Things can only get better .....
        ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Can I point out to Special Branch and MI5 that I, for one, have not contributed to, nor read this thread.

Pete
          Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

I had my office searched by armed Specials a few years ago so. Our local church was also cordoned off, and we were warned that we would be arrested if we tried to enter the building.

'Why' you might ask? So that the two 'leaders of the free world' could have fish and chips together at the pub across the road.

Welcome to Britain under New Labour, 'the party of the people' (their words, not mine).
            ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Remember when the UK smugly looked down on East Germany, Romania et al and their ridiculous surveillance of their own citizens!

Thanks Blair and Co - under your auspices we've been delivered into the hands of the Stasiesque minority

Comment

.......... And yet we invade other countries to bring them democracy?
                ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

On a false pretext too - oooh clever stuff!

Comment

This concept is from a Stephen Fry podcast on the power of language - CCTV just isn't as powerful. (sorry for the lo-fi PS job but I am at work...)

ps - the original post is pretty shocking! but not. as in I am no longer surpised that it happens, but still find myself shocked when it does.
                    Last edited by emirpprime; 9th March 2009, 05:27 PM. Reason: added forgotten ps.

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                      Thankfully there is some hope on the horizon.

Like the USA, we will be having elections in the next year or so, and with luck we will get a change of government, although the present bunch of idiots have made it almost impossible for any opposition party to win a majority in parliament.

Things can only get better .....
                      I doubt if replacing Marlborough Lites with Silk Cut will really resolve the problem, though I envy you your optimism.

Nick
                      Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
                      www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Eton Rifles,
                        Eton Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Temple-Fry View Post
                          I doubt if replacing Marlborough Lites with Silk Cut will really resolve the problem, though I envy you your optimism.

Nick

I do try to remain optimistic. If we give up hope we give up everything.

At least if we get a change of government there is a hope that they won't just do what the Daily Mirror tells them to, or worse still, what their sponsors/donors tell them to do.

I think it should also be clear to all by now that letting Labour loose with our countries finances is akin to locking up a bunch of five year olds in a sweet shop.
                          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Whereas letting the Eton Rifles play with the sweet shop -

They gorge themselves like pigs at a trough - get their chosen friends in there too - but, somehow, they manage keep the shop open for business and just solvent - and all that the customers have to do is ignore the gruntings and 'Hussars!' coming from behind the curtain to the back shop as they buy their penny sweets.

Comment

Originally posted by E-1 fan View Post
                              Whereas letting the Eton Rifles play with the sweet shop -

They gorge themselves like pigs at a trough - get their chosen friends in there too - but, somehow, they manage keep the shop open for business and just solvent - and all that the customers have to do is ignore the gruntings and 'Hussars!' coming from behind the curtain to the back shop as they buy their penny sweets.
                              the peoples party', but have consistently failed to look after the peoples interests.
                              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Working...
                              X