Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

I’d guess the ‘environmental work actually done’ might have financed a tractor and a nice Range Rover perhaps.

Comment

I repeat what I said before (Why not - I like it so much and wish that I'd thought of it myself!)

'I trod on a Daily Mail the other day, and had to find some dog poo to wipe it off!'

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
        I repeat what I said before (Why not - I like it so much and wish that I'd thought of it myself!)

'I trod on a Daily Mail the other day, and had to find some dog poo to wipe it off!'

Jim

Jim dear, you've posted that so many times now. I'm finding it difficult to decide if you have a fetish for the Daily Mail or simply for dog poo

Rebecca

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post
          Jim dear, you've posted that so many times now.
          Twice IIRC - but it's a good one and entirely appropriate!

Jim

Comment

It would be interesting to see if anyone has any knowledge of the money spent where they live.

https://www.myeu.uk/#/
            Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

We’ve got no shortage of wealthy land owners all around the county so I’d hazard a guess that they will all have their snouts in the EU trough, draining it for all their worth.

Comment

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Looking at the places the map pulls up and there seem to be packets of 50K ish going all over the place, how does one get chosen? Some given for a company for “Contributing to a greener and more resource-efficient economy”. Well I’ve been doing that for years so perhaps I need to find out where to apply!

Comment

I'm guessing, but I suspect that the EU would allocate funding to a region based on needs rather than political allegiance. When (if) the responsibility for funding is taken on by the Government I would suspect that political allegiance would be a factor in decision making. Eg, I wouldn't think that a Tory government would be very receptive to supporting a region that rarely if ever returns a Tory MP.

They would behave like the Westminster Council some years ago with their 'Building Stable Communities' policy, where they boarded up flats when working class residents (Labour voters) vacated them, with the intention of converting them into luxury flats to house middle class (Tory voters).

It was a disgusting scandal and the leader of the council was supposed to be surcharged for the lost income from the boarded up flats, but (AIRC) wriggled out of it!

Jim

Comment

I'm guessing, but I suspect that the EU would allocate funding to a region based on needs rather than political allegiance. When (if) the responsibility for funding is taken on by the Government I would suspect that political allegiance would be a factor in decision making. Eg, I wouldn't think that a Tory government would be very receptive to supporting a region that rarely if ever returns a Tory MP.

They would behave like the Westminster Council some years ago with their 'Building Stable Communities' policy, where they boarded up flats when working class residents (Labour voters) vacated them, with the intention of converting them into luxury flats to house middle class (Tory voters).

It was a disgusting scandal and the leader of the council was supposed to be surcharged for the lost income from the boarded up flats, but (AIRC) wriggled out of it!

Jim
                      I believe the moon is made of cheese.
                      Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post
                        I believe the moon is made of cheese.
                        Hello Dave - I see you've popped your head above the parapet again!

So you don't believe what I stated about the Westminster Council then?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homes_for_votes_scandal

Plenty elsewhere.

Jim

Comment

Hello Dave - I see you've popped your head above the parapet again!

So you don't believe what I stated about the Westminster Council then?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homes_for_votes_scandal

Plenty elsewhere.

Jim

If you believe the EU payments are not political then you also probably believe the moon is made of cheese, just saying.
                          Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Happy Families https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45477025
                            It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Comment

I repeat what I said before (Why not - I like it so much and wish that I'd thought of it myself!) - 'I trod on a Daily Mail the other day, and had to find some dog poo to wipe it off!' Jim

Either we have finally managed to get the dog wardens working, or we have a vast DM reader-ship ? Dog poo has over the lasty few months become as rare as the proverbial gold brick to be found on the pavements of London.
                              It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Comment

I would be surprised if the money did not bypass local politicians.

Harold
                                The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Working...
                                X