Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
    Because they would have been branded 'racist' for doing so.
    Which probably means that non-EU migration post Brexit will carry on pretty much unabated....

Comment

According to Pro EU #FBPE tweeters this morning Andrea Jenkins is a Russian agent.
      Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by KeithL View Post
        Even more to the point is, why are various high-profile and rich Leavers leaving the UK to go and live elsewhere, if the Utopia that we will have after Brexit is so precious to them?
        Maybe they want to lower the average wealth level to prove the scaremongers right?

Harold
        The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post
          According to Pro EU #FBPE tweeters this morning Andrea Jenkins is a Russian agent.
          What - you mean she works for T---p?

Comment

Which probably mens that non-EU migration post Brexit will carry on pretty much unabated....
            Anyone who tries to address this issue is branded a 'racist' by the liberal elite, so yes, you are probably correct.

Unfortunately it seems that the same groups feel able to commit crime in this country without fear of prosecution for exactly the same reason.
            ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

As immigration from the EU has gone down in the last 2 years, the arrivals from non EU countries has gone up and the overall total has remained similar throughout. We "control" the non EU migrant numbers and yet we allow more? Many people voted on immigration fears but nothing will change as far as numbers are concerned, unless our economy collapses and there's no need for them.
              Andy
              bengeo.com

Comment

H'mm; I did some research regarding the number of Poles who came here in 2014, when that issue was causing howls of protest. What I discovered was that more Indians came here that year than Poles, according to the Office for National Statistics. No-one raised any concern about Indians coming here in such numbers; why not?
                Not too many Indians are plumbers, roofers, etc. Also, they probably curried favour.

Harold

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                  Anyone who tries to address this issue is branded a 'racist' by the liberal elite, so yes, you are probably correct.

Unfortunately it seems that the same groups feel able to commit crime in this country without fear of prosecution for exactly the same reason.
                  OMG, you're beginning to sound like one of my cousins! He "despises" the EU, yet lives in Greece. Has many health issues, all dealt with by the Greek health service on the same terms as locals; gets his pension no doubt courtesy of the EU. However, he hates Jews and Muslims in equal order. He told me a week or so ago that all Muslims come here to get free housing, maximum benefits, priority healthcare, priority for social housing, and they are all criminals who do no work. When I challenged him, saying that I had worked alongside Malaysian Muslims for a long time and found them fine, polite, etc., "ah, well, they're civilized, unlike Pakistani Muslims". "The country is swamped by them." Since then he has blocked my emails. He even blames the EU would you believe for Muslims coming to the UK! Where this has all come from, I don't know. And now I don't give a damn if I don't ever speak to him again. Sensible discussion or debate is one thing, but views like his? I'm sure that he is far from alone - but why do people get these extreme views?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnheatingman
                    Now now Nigel ! That's classed as sowing controversy !

John
                    There is a first time for everything!

Harold

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post
                      Not too many Indians are plumbers, roofers, etc. Also, they probably curried favour.
                      My experience of Moorefields Eye Hospital and the local hospital is that they will collapse literally overnight without immigrants from the Indian Sub Continent, Africa, the Caribbean and the Philippines - yes literally overnight!

I've said elsewhere that in the 18 months I've been attending Moorfields on a monthly basis, I've only seen one staff member from the UK - a Welsh doctor. All the many nurses I've seen are from the countries I've mentioned above, with a few from the E.U..

Jim

Comment

OMG, you're beginning to sound like one of my cousins! ...............

Sensible discussion or debate is one thing, but views like his? I'm sure that he is far from alone - but why do people get these extreme views?
                        Probably because they live in a city.
                        Dave

My Flickr

Comment

I'm sure that he is far from alone - but why do people get these extreme views?

Here it would be the Mail and Express ... perhaps he reads them online.
                          Andy
                          bengeo.com

Comment

Are you suggesting that believing reports on the BBC News website amounts to holding 'extreme views'?

Huddersfield Child Sex Inquiry

Please note that in the first instance the accused are due to face trial at Kirklees Magistrates' Court, so this is not an invention of the Mail or the Express.

I would point out that similar offences have been reported from Rochdale and Newcastle upon Tyne amongst others in the recent past, and in each case it was claimed (not by me) that the offences were allowed to go unchallenged for years owing to political correctness and for fear of stirring up racial tension.

The insinuations in this thread are that all Asian migrants come here to work for the NHS, and that the NHS would collapse without them. Having read the BBC report and others I very much hope this isn't the case.
                            ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post
                              Sorry don't agree with the expats case.

If they are so keen on the UK why live elsewhere?
                              http://newsthump.com/2018/08/10/im-o...t-billionaire/

Jim

Comment

"Sir Ratcliffe"? "Sir Jim" or "Sir James". Basic!

Harold

Comment

Working...
                                X