Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES

See more
See less

Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

    And more good news. I guess the Brexit boys will just dismiss it as more "experts" nonsense:

    https://www.theguardian.com/business...ssion-warns-sp
    Paul
    E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
    flickr
    Portfolio Site
    Instagram

    Comment


    • Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

      John Major in the Evening Standard:

      https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/c...-a3975481.html
      Regards
      Richard

      Comment


      • Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

        Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
        The U.K. factory is in Crewe, Cheshire - so it doesn't really matter!



        Jim
        Such a caring chap
        Dave

        My Flickr

        Comment


        • Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

          Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
          And more good news. I guess the Brexit boys will just dismiss it as more "experts" nonsense:

          https://www.theguardian.com/business...ssion-warns-sp
          Yep!

          spot on.
          Dave

          My Flickr

          Comment


          • Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

            Originally posted by Otto View Post
            John Major in the Evening Standard:

            https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/c...-a3975481.html
            Powerful stuff. I've been sceptical about a second referendum, but I did find this extract from John Major's article compelling:

            But the moral and democratic case for voting upon proven facts, rather than peddled fiction, is rock solid. The reverse is also true: how can it be right to hold people to a decision made upon so many false promises?
            Paul
            E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
            flickr
            Portfolio Site
            Instagram

            Comment


            • Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

              Originally posted by wornish View Post
              Yep!

              spot on.
              Dave - I suppose you believe their predictions fall into the same camp as those from the climate scientists? Do you never ask yourself why your belief about something is in inverse relation to the knowledge and study behind it? Is dumb always better? If so, why?
              Paul
              E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
              flickr
              Portfolio Site
              Instagram

              Comment


              • Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

                Brexiteers are dumb ? That a great argument!
                Dave

                My Flickr

                Comment


                • Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

                  Originally posted by wornish View Post
                  Such a caring chap
                  The irony is positively exquisite!

                  Jim

                  Comment


                  • Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

                    Originally posted by wornish View Post
                    Brexiteers are dumb ? That a great argument!
                    Well, they are ignoring people with knowledge, experience and informed opinion on the consequences of their strategy and goals. Is that dumb?
                    Paul
                    E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                    flickr
                    Portfolio Site
                    Instagram

                    Comment


                    • Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

                      Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
                      Powerful stuff. I've been sceptical about a second referendum, but I did find this extract from John Major's article compelling:
                      Quote: But the moral and democratic case for voting upon proven facts, rather than peddled fiction, is rock solid. The reverse is also true: how can it be right to hold people to a decision made upon so many false promises?

                      The real irony, is that they have all been peddling false promises ffrom the day they got elected, and, dare I say it, false promises in order to get elected.

                      They all seem to be busy, coming out of the cupboard and admitting they got things wrong... and? Stand by for a new vote... because it is the right thing to do. Baldricks cunning plan has moved into phase 2.
                      It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

                      Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

                      Comment


                      • Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

                        Australian banks preparing to leave the sinking ship:
                        http://uk.businessinsider.com/austra...6EM9s2ah1KNQis
                        Regards
                        Richard

                        Comment


                        • Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

                          And a little light relief - with a little help from the Pythons
                          https://youtu.be/luTHYeuFayI
                          Regards
                          Richard

                          Comment


                          • Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

                            I see the design of the new Brexit 50p piece has been leaked.




                            ---------------

                            Naughty Nigel


                            Difficult is worth doing

                            Comment


                            • Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

                              One by one they're leaving, this time it's Barclays wanting to move their non-UK businesses to Ireland:
                              https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...zrp3Y7_8o6Lt4k
                              Regards
                              Richard

                              Comment


                              • Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

                                Originally posted by Otto View Post
                                One by one they're leaving, this time it's Barclays wanting to move their non-UK businesses to Ireland:
                                https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...zrp3Y7_8o6Lt4k
                                But that can't be right. The experts said Brexit would cause financial services companies to leave London - but experts are always wrong, so clearly they'll be staying. Fake news!
                                Paul
                                E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                                flickr
                                Portfolio Site
                                Instagram

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X