Refurbished Dell Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbished Dell Computer

I would appreciate any comments re the Dell Latitude laptop in the link below.

It seems great value, i5 processer, 8gb RAM and a 1 Tbt hard disk..

Is it good, or too good.....:-(

TIA..

http://www.cheaplaptopcompany.co.uk/...CABEgJcEPD_BwE.
    Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Re: Refurbished Dell Computer

I've had a few Dell 'refurbished' laptops over the years and have found them to be of high quality. The items I've bought were all recent models, ie., still for sale as new items. The UK website is has links for drivers etc which is handy if none are provided, which may be the case in this instance. Buying fron Dell, I've always had CD sets bundled in with the sale In short, I've never had issues.

This link might help? Just note the date of the review and carefully read the spec sheet. There are differences to the for sale item http://www.notebookreview.com/notebo...-e6410-review/

The offer seems decent with regard to the 14 days no quibble return and a two year warranty.

Have checked out the UK Dell Outlet site and this particular model - given the date of the review - is nowhere to be found?

However, as you've said - is it good... or too good?

Only you can make that decision.
    It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Comment

Agreed - I've bought from Dell Outlet store in the past, and they have been good value. I'm not sure about other sites.....

Comment

Comment

Dell laptops are of high quality and are highly regarded.

However, check the age of the machine and particularly the i5 processor.

There is not much difference in performance, but the first and second generation CPU's were very power hungry, which means a hot laptop and short battery life. Later generations run icy cool and will keep going all day on a charge.

(My i7 Toshiba runs for 12 - 14 hours on a charge for word processing and so forth. My older i3 could only manage about four hours, and would burn a bare leg!)
          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Thanks for gems all.

Still under consideration. May just have enough including Surface, IPad.

Think that that deal is good though...

Mu
            Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

I have just had a look, and agree it looks like a reasonable deal.

However
              , the vendor has been very careful to avoid giving any specific information about the machines, including their age and the generation of processor. All of this information is readily available form the machine itself if they wanted to provide it.

From my research it seems the Dell Latitude E6410 is a 'face lifted' or 'revised' machine that was sold around 2010. Reviews from the time rated it highly, but 2010 is fairly old by laptop standards.

The i5 CPU is an older generation with a TDP of about 35 Watts, so battery life will be reasonable, but not the best.

One review I found said the following:

"Battery Life
              Dell was kind enough to include a higher-capacity 9-cell battery with our review unit, with the standard being a 60Wh 6-cell battery. We were pretty happy with our results, given the higher-end processor and graphics card configuration. With the screen brightness reduced to 70%, wireless on and refreshing a webpage every 60 seconds, and Windows set to the Balanced profile, the Latitude E6410 stayed on for 7 hours and 2 minutes. During the test we measured an average power consumption rate between 10-12 watts."
              www.Dabs.com
              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Thanks for that Nigel.

The spec sounds so good,,,,,but we do learn don't we.

Will certainly look at the other options that you have kindly researched.

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Ebay amazing deal...................

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASUS-FX553...AAAOSwdtlZmTXv
                  Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

It's in Australia!!
                    Regards
                    Richard

Comment

Postage worldwide..................

I have asked if the price is right.. No answer yet.

Maybe Ross would like one.

Gotta be 2good2btrue...........
                      Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

i can recommend scan computers, based in Bolton and arguebly one of the largest retailers for anything computer wise.
                        I have used them for just about every component purchase and their customer service has been flawless in the past, having had a part go wrong before the returns process is very fair and swift.
                        Here is a link to their refurb laptops.

https://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer...bished-laptops

Worth keeping an eye on as it constantly changes they also have a 'today only section' covering an aray of items.
                        There prices are generally cheaper than anyone else due to the volume they shift.
                        EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

Comment

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
                          Ebay amazing deal...................

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASUS-FX553...AAAOSwdtlZmTXv
                          Link returns "0 results". The catch is that it doesn't exist!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by timboo View Post
                            i can recommend scan computers, based in Bolton and arguebly one of the largest retailers for anything computer wise.
                            I have used them for just about every component purchase and their customer service has been flawless in the past, having had a part go wrong before the returns process is very fair and swift.
                            Here is a link to their refurb laptops.
                            I would second that recommendation. I have dealt with Scan many times and have found them to be first class.

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
                            Thanks for that Nigel.

The spec sounds so good,,,,,but we do learn don't we.

Will certainly look at the other options that you have kindly researched.

The spec is perfectly good - for a seven year old computer. And that is just the point.

Shop around and I'm sure you will find something much better.
                            ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                              Link returns "0 results". The catch is that it doesn't exist!

Jim
                              Yes they have taken it down, most likely after I asked if the price was correct...

Sounds like an administrative cock-up to me.............
                              Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X