Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Distraction testing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Distraction testing

    Harold you should know better than to impede a lady going to or coming back from shopping.
    Mind on what to buy or what they forgot to buy.

    Sorry for sexist comments, gender can be reversed if necessary.

    Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    Ed

    Live life in the slow lane.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Distraction testing

      Originally posted by Crazy Dave View Post
      My solution to being 'caught in the 'act' while in the queue is to leave SWMBO at home. There are other advantages like the expedition taking half the time than if she were in tow.

      Has anyone else noticed that women tend to lose all sense of awareness in supermarkets. Recently saw two, obviously friends who decided to catch up each with their trolley lengthwise behind them, access to the aisle completely blocked. Loads of other examples.

      David
      Tell me about it. I remember dropping SWMBO off at Walmart, going to get an oil change on the car and going back to Walmart. There was one item in the trolley when I found her in the store.

      As for the blocked aisle issue I just barge through and if anything is said reply with something like 'some of us are trying to shop'.
      It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

      David M's Photoblog

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Distraction testing

        Originally posted by David M View Post
        Tell me about it. I remember dropping SWMBO off at Walmart, going to get an oil change on the car and going back to Walmart. There was one item in the trolley when I found her in the store.

        As for the blocked aisle issue I just barge through and if anything is said reply with something like 'some of us are trying to shop'.
        You're the sort of anti-social customer who complains about kids running up and down the aisles.

        Harold
        The body is willing but the mind is weak.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Distraction testing

          [quote=Harold Gough;418237][QUOTE=Crazy Dave;418202]

          Has anyone else noticed that women tend to lose all sense of awareness in supermarkets.

          Not just inside but also on the approach. This morning I was departing form our local supermarket and joining the public road at a mini roundabout. I had entered the roundabout when a car, driven by a woman, swept across diagonally from the left, without so much as a glance to the right, let alone give way.

          Harold
          I have noticed that garden centres and out of town furniture stores have a similar effect, and it isn't just Volvo drivers anymore.
          ---------------

          Naughty Nigel


          Difficult is worth doing

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Distraction testing

            Originally posted by Johnheatingman
            I have to admit to being an Oap. now but thankfully have not reached the stage (yet) where a visit to B&Q is the highlight of the week
            My sisiter-in-law got a ticket for exceeding the 3 hour limit in the B & Q car park and she knows nothing about DIY nor is she anywhere near retirement age.

            Harold
            The body is willing but the mind is weak.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Distraction testing

              Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post
              My sisiter-in-law got a ticket for exceeding the 3 hour limit in the B & Q car park and she knows nothing about DIY nor is she anywhere near retirement age.

              Harold
              Must be having an affair with one of the store assistants.
              John

              "A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Distraction testing

                I don't mind occasional shopping trips as long as I am not dragged around endless clothes and shoe shops. If we have to spend a day in York, Edinburgh or elsewhere I am perfectly happy to go my own way as I can always find something more interesting than retail therapy.

                I wouldn't mind so much if they actually bought and kept something, but after a whole day of shopping they come to the obvious conclusion that it would be easier to buy online or from a local branch of M&S, Top Shop, DP or wherever. And if they have bought something then more often then not the purchases get returned to local stores for a change of size or colour.

                However, what I do dislike is when our photographic, organ playing or singing outings get hijacked and turn into glorified shopping trips, as you can guarantee that the day will have to be organised around shopping. Worse still, there will be complaints along the lines of 'why do you have to take so much camera gear (or music)? We won't have enough space for the shopping.'
                ---------------

                Naughty Nigel


                Difficult is worth doing

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Distraction testing

                  Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post

                  However, what I do dislike is when our photographic, organ playing or singing outings get hijacked and turn into glorified shopping trips, as you can guarantee that the day will have to be organised around shopping. Worse still, there will be complaints along the lines of 'why do you have to take so much camera gear (or music)? We won't have enough space for the shopping.'
                  Looking on the positive side, you do have a variety of aggravation.

                  Harold
                  The body is willing but the mind is weak.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Distraction testing

                    I do all the supermarket shopping, so no issues there...

                    Graham

                    We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Distraction testing

                      Going off at a tangent but still on the subject of shopping. Have you noticed how difficult it is to buy blokes summer weight shoes that don't have while soles?

                      David
                      The beauty of not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise and is not preceded by periods of anxiety

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Distraction testing

                        Originally posted by Crazy Dave View Post
                        Going off at a tangent but still on the subject of shopping. Have you noticed how difficult it is to buy blokes summer weight shoes that don't have while soles?

                        David
                        With size 13 feet I have a problem finding any footwear. When you ask about size 13 the reply is usually "we had a pair in the last order that came in but they've been sold". Apparently Canadians don't have big feet.
                        It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

                        David M's Photoblog

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: Distraction testing

                          Originally posted by David M View Post
                          With size 13 feet I have a problem finding any footwear. When you ask about size 13 the reply is usually "we had a pair in the last order that came in but they've been sold". Apparently Canadians don't have big feet.
                          Better go south over that border. They have the biggest of everything!
                          Ross
                          I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                          Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                          Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                          Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                          Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: Distraction testing

                            [quote=Harold Gough;418237][QUOTE=Crazy Dave;418202]

                            Has anyone else noticed that women tend to lose all sense of awareness in supermarkets.

                            Not just inside but also on the approach. This morning I was departing form our local supermarket and joining the public road at a mini roundabout. I had entered the roundabout when a car, driven by a woman, swept across diagonally from the left, without so much as a glance to the right, let alone give way.

                            Harold
                            The next time I approached the roundabout from the supermarket, a car, driven by a woman, failed to give way to me shooting across the round bump and into the supermarket road. This one looked at, or through, me with a stare something between that of the undead and that of a crazed fanatic.

                            Harold
                            The body is willing but the mind is weak.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: Distraction testing

                              Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                              I don't mind occasional shopping trips as long as I am not dragged around endless clothes and shoe shops. If we have to spend a day in York, Edinburgh or elsewhere I am perfectly happy to go my own way as I can always find something more interesting than retail therapy.

                              I wouldn't mind so much if they actually bought and kept something, but after a whole day of shopping they come to the obvious conclusion that it would be easier to buy online or from a local branch of M&S, Top Shop, DP or wherever. And if they have bought something then more often then not the purchases get returned to local stores for a change of size or colour.

                              However, what I do dislike is when our photographic, organ playing or singing outings get hijacked and turn into glorified shopping trips, as you can guarantee that the day will have to be organised around shopping. Worse still, there will be complaints along the lines of 'why do you have to take so much camera gear (or music)? We won't have enough space for the shopping.'
                              This might look familiar:



                              Although I can combine photography with waiting for the wife to shop...
                              Graham

                              We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: Distraction testing

                                Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
                                This might look familiar:



                                Although I can combine photography with waiting for the wife to shop...
                                That doesn't look genuine. We all know that husbands are left waiting in the ladies' underwear department.

                                Harold
                                The body is willing but the mind is weak.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X