Laowa 7.5mm Rectilinear Lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laowa 7.5mm Rectilinear Lens

This is supposed to be available sometime soon and is for m4/3, so a possible alternative to my 15mm and full frame A7R combination, if the sensor resolution is not an issue? No news of a price.

Harold
    The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Re: Laowa 7.5mm Rectilinear Lens

I took a few shots with a copy at The Photography Show. It seems to perform pretty well when stopped down. Corners aren't good wide open, but at f5.6 seem pretty good. Very small and it'll take a slim filter. Feels very well made. Price likely in the 400-500 range. I have the details of the UK agent somewhere if anyone is interested. Available now I believe.
    Paul
    E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
    flickr
    Portfolio Site
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
      I took a few shots with a copy at The Photography Show. It seems to perform pretty well when stopped down. Corners aren't good wide open, but at f5.6 seem pretty good. Very small and it'll take a slim filter. Feels very well made. Price likely in the 400-500 range. I have the details of the UK agent somewhere if anyone is interested. Available now I believe.
      As usual with new Laowa lenses, it has been delayed and they are now going for May. It seems to have some appeal to astrophotographers.

Harold

Comment

UK distributor is ukoptics - http://www.ukoptics.co.uk. Based on their website, they seem pretty lame...
        Paul
        E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
        flickr
        Portfolio Site
        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
          UK distributor is ukoptics - http://www.ukoptics.co.uk. Based on their website, they seem pretty lame...
          I formed that opinion a long time ago and deal direct.

Harold

Comment

I just placed an order, after much difficulty, via Paypal. The first attempt seemed to abort and the second got a message that they don't export to the UK. When urged, by the person I dealt with for my 15mm, to try again, the order when through. They are planning to ship at the end of this month, although a delay would not be unusual.

Harold

Comment

Ukdigital of Clitheroe will be stocking them. They are excellent to deal with.
              Paul

Comment

Laowa UK expects them in stock from 19 May.

Harold

Comment

Working...
                X