Help wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help wanted

I can not seem to get the fill in flash to work correctly on the E3. the flash fires but the resulting exposure is black, you can only just make out there is something been exposed. I have delved through the instruction book and all the relevant menu's but don't get anywhere. Incidentally, I have tried the same shot wit my 510 and it works fine. Where am I going wrong..

Re: Help wanted

I certainly am no expert on the use of flash but are you sure the flash is enabled in the menu and fired?

Comment

Could be shutter speed too fast
      Cheers

Mick

Petroleums Hey
      retired oil boiler

Comment

speed doesn't seem to make any differance and yes, theflash did fire

Comment

please advise the following - or better still post an exif complete image

flash mode - eg auto, ttl auto, manual etc. we know (assume) it was in compulsory
          camera mode - PASM
          aperture and shutter speeds

in the absence of an image describe the shot.

I suspect there is a difference between the above settings on the 510 and the E3....you might wish to check that too
          E, Pen and OM-D bodies
          43 m43 and legacy glass
          loads of flashes and accessories from all the systems

Comment

Check your aperture setting. If you are stopped down, to say f/22, and are using a relatively fast shutter speed then the background will be black. If the flash to subject distance is large(ish) then your "fill-in" flash may not have the power to illuminate your subject.

This, by the way, is a great way to get night looking shots in broad daylight and your camera set up may be doing just this.

Steve
            Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
            Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
            My website

Comment

Working...
            X