Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

How about a bi-weekly/monthly challenge for here too...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a bi-weekly/monthly challenge for here too...?

Hey All

I know there are already several weekly/fortnightly/monthly challenges taking place on the various forums we are all members of, but how about having one on here too?

I especially like Ians idea of the FTU's Salon fortnightly challenge, and wondered if it would be a good idea to have a similar challenge set up and running on here.

I know that often there are not many entries for these type of challenges, but at least it could provide some inspiration for us at times when we have the togs equivalent of writers cramp!!

So... whatcha think...? is this something that (1) Ian would permit, and (2) could yield some spectacular images from Olympus cameras through the course of the year, (3) could form the basis of an award from Olympus on an annual basis (as, though managed by Ian, the site is theirs I believe after all!!)

Good idea...? bad idea...? thoughts fellow Oly's
    John

Re: How about a bi-weekly/monthly challenge for here too...?

Originally posted by theMusicMan View Post
    Hey All

I know there are already several weekly/fortnightly/monthly challenges taking place on the various forums we are all members of, but how about having one on here too?

I especially like Ians idea of the FTU's Salon fortnightly challenge, and wondered if it would be a good idea to have a similar challenge set up and running on here.

I know that often there are not many entries for these type of challenges, but at least it could provide some inspiration for us at times when we have the togs equivalent of writers cramp!!

So... whatcha think...? is this something that (1) Ian would permit, and (2) could yield some spectacular images from Olympus cameras through the course of the year, (3) could form the basis of an award from Olympus on an annual basis (as, though managed by Ian, the site is theirs I believe after all!!)

Good idea...? bad idea...? thoughts fellow Oly's
    I think that is a very good idea. Apart from assisting in improving standards etc., it would bring together members in exchanging ideas and techniques. Certainly it should improve the community spirit and provide Olympus with additional information to include in their bulletins/newsletters.

Kind regards

PeterD

Comment

Yes!

Phil

Comment

I think that this is a good idea. I would be up for it.

Comment

Sounds good - Count me in!

I like the way TPf hold the competitions where the entries are annonymous, as opposed to other forums where you know beforehand who has submitted what. On those forums it is more of a popularity contest than a photo comp.

Comment

I think it would be a good idea monthly, fortnighly might be a bit much.
            John

Comment

Originally posted by Ijay37 View Post
              I think it would be a good idea monthly, fortnighly might be a bit much.
              John
              Nothing would be mandatory though... Don't have to submit if you are unable to. If you were able to enter one a month, then running once a fortnight would still fulfill your requirements yeah?

The way I see it is that there is somewhat of a trade off. The more often there is a challenge, the fewer likely entries there'd be, but then there would be more inspiration provided for those who wish to take pics and enter (or take pics and not enter).
              John

Comment

Yeh, why not.
                Dave.
                sigpicDave

Comment

IIIAAANNNNNNNNN........ we need you...
                  John

Comment

Fourtnightly sounds right.

Maybe limit it to photos taken in response to the challenge.

Ask that EXIF be retained.

Limitation on post processing and/or requirement for explanation of what post processing has been applied.

I'm all for anything that gets us takeing photos that extend our skills/repertoire.

Nick
                    Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
                    www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Looking forward to it already

Comment

It would seem Ian has taken advice from one of the members and is taking some well deserved rest!!

If you believe that well I'm a ..................

You can add my name to the growing list as I rather enjoy this part of the hobby.

Regards. Barr1e
                        Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

I'm all for it. Judging from the 'Show us your Doorway' thread, I think it would be popular. It will certainly encourage us to get out and about with our cameras. Since this is a very friendly forum, I doubt that anyone will be over critical so those new to DSLRs should be encouraged to enter.
                          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by beardedwombat View Post
                            I'm all for it. Judging from the 'Show us your Doorway' thread, I think it would be popular. It will certainly encourage us to get out and about with our cameras. Since this is a very friendly forum, I doubt that anyone will be over critical so those new to DSLRs should be encouraged to enter.
                            Chris
                            Absolutely Chris, this was my intention. This is a great forum, it has started in exactly the way I'd imagine Ian (and Olympus) would have wanted it to start, and anything that encourages us to take more pics, provides inspiration, and helps us all improve from others can't be a bad thing.
                            John

Comment

Great idea John. All for this, any reason to go out more with the camera. I would think monthly might better until the membership rises. Hope you can get it going. In the meantime hopefully got a caption comp going just for fun in the Foto Fair section.

regards

John.

Comment

Working...
                              X