Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Brexit, Coimbra and your camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brexit, Coimbra and your camera

Currently we benefit from a well joined up service system for our Olympus cameras, a simple collection from your home by the courier company, delivered to the Olympus service facility in Coimbra, Portugal. After the service is completed the camera is returned to your dwelling or preferred location within a day or so.

I wonder what the service will be like if Brexit occurs, custom documents to complete, proof of UK purchase required to avoid a further payment of import duty and VAT.

Just thinking.......
    This space for rent

Re: Brexit, Coimbra and your camera

Little change, I would have thought.

Follow your heart and vote leave.
    Steve

on flickr

Comment

• We currently enjoy a 'unified' postal charge throughout Europe. That would almost certainly end.
      • Using a mobile phone in mainland Europe would also cost a lot more than at present as we would have to pay worldwide roaming charges.
      • I suspect French and Italian wine would also cost more, but it might be cheaper to buy Aussie wine.
      • On the plus side our roads would be much safer with fewer Audi's and BMW's imported. Former Audi and BMW drivers would need to learn how to use indicators, and maybe even follow at a safe distance.
      • Presumably our greengrocers would no longer be imprisoned, and allowed to die in prison for selling bananas by the pound?
      ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

I have voted and posted the envelope, so can ignore the noise.
        Taking a short trip to the Netherlands in the week preceding the Referendum and will be driving back from Harwich on the 24th no doubt listening to the results coming in.
        This space for rent

Comment

I believe individuals from the republic of Ireland can vote; some were interviewed on Ch4 'news' last night saying they would vote to remain because it's in Ireland's interest - is that fair?
          Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
            Little change, I would have thought.

Follow your heart and vote leave.
            I thought this was a photography site. I'm not saying here or anywhere else how I wish to vote.

So it's goodbye until the referendum is over or perhaps even forever!

Regards. Barr1e
            Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

Originally posted by Barr1e View Post
              I thought this was a photography site. I'm not saying here or anywhere else how I wish to vote.

Regards. Barr1e
              This is the Lounge Barrie, where anything goes.

Much of the problem with British politics is that we don't discuss it enough, and we don't bother to vote; but we complain loudly about the outcome.

Locking ourselves away whenever there is a referendum or election is not really the answer, is it?
              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Regards. Barr1e
                I'm sure I, and many others, would very much miss you from this site...

Hope to see some post-referendum post in July.

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Posted my vote today, as did my wife. We voted opposite to each other so no real point in voting at all thinking about it as we cancel each other out. All we have really done is increase turnout.
                  EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

Comment

Originally posted by timboo View Post
                    Posted my vote today, as did my wife. We voted opposite to each other so no real point in voting at all thinking about it as we cancel each other out. All we have really done is increase turnout.
                    I think that my wife and I will be doing the same.
                    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Regards. Barr1e
                      Sorry you feel that way, Barrie, but why not continue to enjoy the photography threads on the rest of the forum? I'm off now to investigate an interesting looking thread on the American Civil War, started by OlyPaul (the thread, not the war!) Knowing Paul, there are bound to be some cracking pictures.
                      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

I'm glad I don't have to a make a decision or vote on that referendum but I do remember my father being very angry at having to apply for citizenship in Australia after the UK went to the EU considering he had been living & working here from soon after the war.
                        Ross
                        I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                        Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                        Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                        Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                        Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Will not change a lot for me, may reverse some things, I have to carry/ show my passport etc to travel from N. Ireland to Britain but can happily drive to Southern Ireland without any paperwork or checks. Might be the other way round when we leave?

Wee Man
                          Ed

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

Comment

Well, if I could, I would vote to not have a referendum. It rather commits us to one particular course of action unless we can have a yearly referendum like the Scots would like.
                            Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                            Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                            Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                            Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                            Learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by OM USer View Post
                              Well, if I could, I would vote to not have a referendum. It rather commits us to one particular course of action unless we can have a yearly referendum like the Scots would like.
                              We kind of already are, bit like a puppet on strings. Fact is a lot of people can't cope with change, some people thrive while others fold.

On a smaller scale I have known people fall to bits having to change job where as i love a new challenge and simply the change.
                              EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

Comment

Working...
                              X