Chevvy ? What is she doing now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevvy ? What is she doing now ?

After the Ballet at the ENB much time was spent in London in and around Covent Garden at many Theatre' ... lots of fun snapping 'shows' she has been seen singing in Covent Garden near the Opera House a waiter from a Bar bought out a chair for a rest and another a glass of red wine ! cant be bad

Back into horses with this Dutch Warmblood/Trakaner mare with some serious Bucks but jumps like a breeze now ready for the Spring Team Chasing Season

Mane still curly from only being born a morning and tail like a piggies

New car last Christmas

Lots of time in Devon now walking along sooo many fab beaches

Christmas 2015 - lots of nice food trying to encourage our dear friend (who is exceedingly poorly with C of the Esophagus & gut and was 8 st down from 11 st ... So mega Calorie meals for him

Rather unfortunately, his wife my very dear dear friend, slipped on the bottom stair and fell on her knee - breaking it clean in half ! one of her Christmas Presents was our favourite 5 mile walk, around lanes, over fields and viewing some magnificant birds first 2 Redwings, then a flock of 20 + and half a mile over the field another flock of 20+ redwing we saw Buzzard, Sparrowhawks and Heron just sitting on trees and then 2 Red Kites NO cameras and Mr Huggy Henry

Mr Huggy Henry, his lead held by Norma as we ascended some road hills, pulled her up a bit, in the Red Cross wheechair I got and Nick decorated with Red Berry lights one side and snowflakes other side with tinsel and battery packs on the handles

Being in plaster for over 4 weeks to allow the knee cap to heal, she had enjoyed one country walk, nor even more than a 150 yards walk ...

Deconstructed Trifle

Eggs Benedict a' la' Frog Pond, Indian Shores - on cheesey muffins with sprinkling of Parmazen ; lightly toasted, home made Hollandaise with Chardonnay wine

Prawn Cocktail - De constructed with Paprika

Steak Platter by Nick

Nick in his luvverly red pinny with white spots smirking !

Now a new project here is the lounge downstairs and the bedroom upstairs - just a bit of floors ; walls ; ceilings etc missing Ooh and the odd rotten beam

So, sorry rather too busy down in Devon just now and until about May 2016 thereafter Surfing too

Now and then I do pop in to view some superb images but generally, Flickr and Facebook "do it for me"

Keep posting some awesome photographs and Art (Tom and Mark are awesome)
    BFN
    [I].
    I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
    Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Re: Chevvy ? What is she doing now ?

Crikey Chevvy - what a busy life. My head's spinning with it all. Nice to hear from you again though and best wishes with your "project". Rather you than me!
    Paul
    E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
    flickr
    Portfolio Site
    Instagram

Comment

Sit down and have a cup of tea, then have a doze before starting again.
      Ed

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

Comment

You've certainly been busy! Nice to hear from you again.
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Great to hear from you Chevvy. Certainly not been idle then Nice car
          Just reading all that makes me tired, I thought you were going to retire
          I'm looking forward to the next instalment when you stop taking it easy...
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Good to hear from you again Chevvy.

I like your lounge and bedroom project. I think I would be tempted to do without the upper floor altogether to make a music room. That way there would be space to fit a rank or two of 16' pipes!
            ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

You are a busy, busy person Chevvy!
              Like you Flickr 'was doing it for me', but I'm finding too many people chasing 'explore' and acquiring as many 'faves' as possible that it drives individuals to copy each other and it is becomes boring. Of all the photo sharing sites I'm finding Facebook to be the best, followed by Twitter, then Flickr. The standard of 'street photography' (the only genre that interests me) is top notch on f/b.
              Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
                Of all the photo sharing sites I'm finding Facebook to be the best, followed by Twitter, then Flickr. The standard of 'street photography' (the only genre that interests me) is top notch on f/b.
                There are some excellent photographic sites/pages on FB.

I particularly enjoy the photographs on the Scotland/Ireland from the Roadside pages, but there are also some good Medium Format pages.
                ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Thanks to Paul, Ed, John, Phil and Nigel

Painting ? Getting back into it, is AWESOME ! Courses inspire me and I find myself "using techniques" learned when I was 14-18 years young, coming out from my brain through my hands and use of paint and brush ... it is remarkable an experience - as a picture appears before my eyes ! I step back and leave it drying, only to see it in a very different light, next day and WoW ! I am surprised at how well it turned out. It is rather like "Baking" until it cools and may be viewed "complete" and seen, tasted and felt the quality is not known

I have decided Oils are not for me. I do not like the smell of oil; nor the cleaning up of brushes and 'drips' I prefer Watercolors for some Art topics and Acrylics for others and, with both I can "build up density/layers and texturise" to get the "depths" that oils offer. and a spray of "clear acrylic sets the image" and some areas I want shining, I have painted clear acrylic layers to "focus stack" BEFORE the final spray of acrylic.

Hands and Eyes are an anathema to me. I dislike painting them and my mind likes to blot them out of a picture ... although I do try them, practice, more practice and even more practice my Tutors say is the way forward. However, I find myself avoiding them, instead choosing to create an image without them

AND SO, I TRULY LOVE that Cowboy at the Rodeo of Marks as an image to paint, as well as hang on my wall as I so love horses all my life and living in Dallas - Texas being one heck of a wild country with cowboys and Rodeo shows I even went to Reno (during Christmas/New Ski holiday in Lake Tahoe with my children back in the 80's) one New Year for the Annual National Finals - NO PHOTOS as cameras, phones and all recording media were taken by security and you were, in return, given a locker key. the Locker room was not opened until AFTER the show !

It is funny to reflect on the fact that the "camera" was created to replace "painting" as a record - Much as the Mobile Phone and Internet have replaced "face to face conversations" What goes around, comes around

I find, Art so peaceful and it truly enhances my Mindfulness ! Which is the best thing to protect against Altzheimers and Dementure I now have learnt.

SO PAINT ON, leave the latest "strokes" to dry and take a walk on the wildside

I shall post a thread on Nicks SupaMotoHome It is AWESOME he has used all his skills of welding ; engineering ; design ; joinery and fabrication and learned a few new ones too he has a "man group" who gather when we are home, around the driveway and take coffee and natter about politics and all sorts as well as the Supa Moto Home Project - like men do not talk ! ! !
                  [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

The Cottage Project is tres' magnificent !

We have found some terrific builders etc., we are restoring a cottage "born" in the 1960's from an old dairy, part of Rolle Court which may date back to the 1600s and the Wars of the Parliamentarians and Sir Thomas Fairfax and the English Civil War of 1646

The Walls are 2ft thick I LURVE IT ! and in May my History Folder on this Cottage shall begin, as a new project

I have planned the "gardens" planting in Old English Cottage theme With Hollyhocks ; Lupins ; Foxglove and Delphiniums in a blues/lilac/pink bed and a high perfumed Rose bed with Clematis and Lavender and a yellow bed with great tall sunflowers at the back The Roses etc., were all bought last year and bought on in well rotted horse manure and last weekend "snipped" and potted ready for transportation and re planting.

I did own an old 17th Century cottage in Lacey Green, Buckinghamshire years ago ... and so loved the history to that home from the Deeds etc., It is such a pleasure doing it all again

We are down in North Devon on a regular basis now we are BOTH RETIRED for walks along various fab beaches ; over landscapes my FAV being Berrynarbor to Watermouth Bay where I, (who has never been into Landscapes photography) just wants to sit and paint, smell, breathe the views and air Nick enjoys the salty air good for his lungs and takes rests as Mr Huggy Henry - who NEVER tires (until darkness) just gallops about chasing scents of Pheasant ; Partridge ; Bunnies ; Deer and finding Mr Fox pooh to roll in

We are involved with "the North Devon Arts & Crafts" and support many shows etc., and stay over down there lots until the Cottage is ready in May T'Pau soon for Nicks birthday treat
                    [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

What a busy life Chevvy. Think I'll just yawn and go back to sleep. Nice to hear from you.
                      Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                      Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                      Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                      Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                      Learn something new every day

Comment

Well hello to a name from a dim and distant past (only because my brain is well addled) - lovely to hear from you. And what a great update on what seems to be a full and fulfilling year. And the house and garden sounds a wonderful project ... I've spent many a year designing gardens so can well imagine the joy that you've been having from your new Old English pleasure garden!
                        All the best
                        Chris
                        If I'm out I'm JustSwanningAround
                        or more often at www.facebook.com/JustSwanningAround

Comment

Hi there Chevvy!

Great to see you are back, even if it is only part time due to all your other interests. Good luck with all your projects this year and I hope to see some more photos of the cottage as it progresses.

Cheers,

Ralph.

Comment

WOW Chevvy!, what a fabulous comeback you've made here ... your journalistic style (aided by some sunny weather I see) adds a vibrance to your pictures that I like very much. I would have replied to your thread sooner but I've only just spotted it, such is the fullness of life at the moment. Glad to hear that you are back into painting, (great minds alike! LOL). There is so much to say about your eclectic set that I hardly know where to begin, except in summary that your images are so natural and get right to the point - you make it look too easy, my dear!
                            My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
                            The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
                            On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
                              You are a busy, busy person Chevvy!
                              Like you Flickr 'was doing it for me', but I'm finding too many people chasing 'explore' and acquiring as many 'faves' as possible that it drives individuals to copy each other and it is becomes boring. Of all the photo sharing sites I'm finding Facebook to be the best, followed by Twitter, then Flickr. The standard of 'street photography' (the only genre that interests me) is top notch on f/b.
                              Steve, Like you I am finding Fb a great medium as friends and family can "see" what we are up too here and if they feel up to it, send quick message

Although, even - as now - I pop in but TODAY I logged in Looking for info on OM-D EM-1 as one has "crashed and burned" this morning so a trip to Portugal seems in order again !
                              [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Working...
                              X