X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sad news from me

Cracking shot of Dibnah by the fire.
    Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
    Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
    Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
    Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
    Learn something new every day

Comment

Only those of us who have owned and loved a pet can understand your heartache, very sorry. Regards Gary.

Comment

Very sorry to read about Dibnah. I'm new on here but my user name is based on my darling Jack Russell Minnie who died from liver failure at the age of 6 in January 2010. I've not gone looking for another - it broke my heart and spirit. You gave Dibnah a lovely home for the last years. Bless you !
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/minnies_mum

Comment

Re: Sad news from me - An Update

Thank, Minniesmum.

As an update to this, on the 2nd January we collected another Jack Russell!

After only a few days we decided that the house was too empty without a dog, so started the search of the pet rescue centres. We came across a suitable candidate on the RSPCA web site. She is a female JR who was found abandoned, with a shattered back leg, on a former travellers site. She was taken to the RSPCA's animal hospital at Harmsworth, where she was operated on and the leg reconstructed and plated. She also had a missing digit.

After a long convalescence (which still continues) she was offered up for adoption and we stepped in. After all the formalities we became the proud parents of a dog whom we have named Mistletoe - partly because of the Christmas season, and partly because she is Missing a Toe!

She is a little poppet who, although desperately underweight due to the stress of being in kennels, is so well behaved and loving.

We like to think that the loss of Dibnah has led to the recovery of another dog.

Thank you for all your positive comments and support.

Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Top man, keep us posted!
            Stuff from Cuba
            More stuff from Cuba
            It all started here

Comment

Wowsers ! What a little beauty <3 A rescue JR - my " dream dog ". More pics of her please Congrats !!
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/minnies_mum

Comment

Seems well settled knows she has good home and all she has to do is pose every so often.
                Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

She looks beautiful & it looks like she has found the perfect home.

She also looks a lot lighter & would take up less room than the two that often sleep on our bed with us, a well fed Foxy Pug & a large Red Kelpy (thankfully our Border Collie, a rescued pet, doesn't try to join them as well).

Hope life goes well with your new member of the family.

Ross
                  I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                  Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                  Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                  Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                  Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                  Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Brilliant News !
                    Olympus E-M10/12-50/Panny 100-300 + Sony A77,Sigma 17-70,Sigma 10-20,Tamron 90,Minolta 70-210,Tamron Sigma 100-300 F4,Tamron 17-50 F2.8,Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Fisheye,Sony HVL-F42 + Panny TZ25
                    Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/shotokan101/
                    RIA my Images

Comment

Lovely wee dog and looks happy in her new home.

Comment

Good news, thanks for the update Stephen.
                        It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

So very happy for you all, doggy and humans. As you know, we have a house full of rescues, so know the joys of receiving their love and company, and I love her new name.
                          Don't be a stranger, Stephen, even if you have changed brands, cameras change, we on the forum don't.

The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Comment

Originally posted by Imageryone View Post
                            <snip>
                            Don't be a stranger, Stephen, even if you have changed brands, cameras change, we on the forum don't.
                            Well said!

You could always keep us updated, Stephen, with links to DPNow
                            Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

What a lovely story Great to hear!

Ian
                              Founder and editor of:
                              Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
                              Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
                              Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
                              Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                              Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                              Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
                              NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm really pleased for you, Stephen. A happy ending to a sad tale. I look forward to hearing more about Mistletoe in the future, but I know you will never forget Dibnah - and neither will we.
                                John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Working...
                                X