Reviews ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviews ???

After reading Ian's thread through, thought I would put this forward so I don't hijack his thread.
    Although I cannot afford to keep up with technology, I still like to study reviews for new equipment, and something occurred to me so I thought I would ask the question.

In reviews, Handling, Technology etc get a full 5 points, whilst the whole point of the camera, Picture quality never does.

Now, my question is:-

Why would anybody even consider a camera where picture quality comes last instead of first??

I know the arguments re Lenses, set up etc, and I see and appreciate the quality of post production, but I want to spend my precious time taking pictures not stuck in front of a computer
    The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Re: Reviews ???

I think IQ is relative, they usually compare image quality with other camera brands and full frame always get the best reviews in that aspect, image quality is based on several factors, resolution, dynamic range, noise, high ISO quality etc, so while MFT may be perfectly good, relative to full frame it still falls behind in some of those parameters.
    Handling and technology on the other hand are absolute, if a cameras ergonomics are good then its good period same with technology etc.

Paul

Comment

Re: Reviews ???

I agree with all your above points, Paul, but I was not discussing the merits of any particular brand or format. It seems that image quality falls short in every review, for any camera make,and any model at any price range.
      I cannot remember the last time I actually saw a review that awarded full marks for picture quality, including those in the R.P.S. magazine.

May be the fault is in the reviewers rather than the gear? Judging by the stunning images I view on here every day?
      Last edited by Imageryone; 21st November 2015, 04:04 PM. Reason: Additional text.
      The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Comment

Working...
      X