Secret Britain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Britain

I've really enjoyed seeing the locations featured in "Secret Britain" over the last few weeks. Now the presenters, Adam Henson and Ellie Harrison, are requesting viewers to share their secret places for the next series.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05nxcj3

I've got a few ideas, but I sure wish that Ellie would share her secret places with me!
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Re: Secret Britain

Dirty boy!
    Too many cameras!
    E-500, E-510, EPM1, EPL5, EP3, EP5, OM-D E M10, OM-D E M5, Trip 35mm, Samsung WP10 and Panasonic G6 plus lots of lenses many manual focus.

Photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/42941818@N07/

Comment

Naughty naughty

That aside I too have enjoyed the series so far
      Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
      Capture One Pro
      My flickr

Comment

The trouble with programmes (and indeed books) with titles like "Secret Britain" is that the locations are subsequently no longer secret!
        Regards
        Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Greytop View Post
          Naughty naughty

That aside I too have enjoyed the series so far
          I particularly enjoyed the stunning scenery (and for once I don't mean Ellie ) of Loch Morar. It revived memories of May 1985 when Morar was my starting point for a two week coast to coast backpack across Scotland. The first day was spent walking the shoreline to camp at the head of the loch - seldom have I encountered such rough terrain on a supposedly low level walk, but it was well worth the effort. It's frightening to think that was 30 years ago!
          John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
            I've got a few ideas, but I sure wish that Ellie would share her secret places with me!
            Great minds think alike John!

David
            PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

I watched the Scottish one. Not so secret for me. My father was the custodian of the CIC hut on Ben Nevis for 17 years. First time I climbed the Ben was from there via The Castle (grade III) in Feb 1974. Also the first time I took part in a rescue after someone slid down Observatory gully.
              Funny thing in the programme, was that he walked up to the hut in what looked like June conditions and the next day he got onto the summit plateau in the middle of the Nevis Hill race (1st Saturday in September). Rip van Winkle?
              Duncan

Lots of toys.

Comment

On the subject of the delectable Ellie, did anyone catch her version of 'Ring of Fire'? Until then, I thought that no one other than Johnny Cash should sing this classic. She certainly had me mesmerised!

David
                The beauty of not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise and is not preceded by periods of anxiety

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05nxcj3
                  Dream on, John!

The series runs here also but not one that I have followed.
                  My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
                  The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
                  On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Working...
                  X