Forum or Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forum or Facebook

Talking of nuts, I spotted this, reading a few pages back: "Thankfully photographers don't obsess about 'smelling the heather' in landscape photographs". Oh yes they do!! At least a certain club judge in this region does.

The first thing he says when he looks at a print is "What do you FEEL? What do you SMELL?" I nearly said "Printer ink" but thought I hadn't better, he's supposed to be a respected club judge.

I have studiously resisted joining FB...until this week. With my being affected by the closure of Norfolk Camera Centre, I wanted to be able to pass a bit of info back to the people who posted adverse comments, and were also affected by it. I shall probably kill my account in a couple of weeks, though. I joined Linked In once. I had so much junk mail, it nearly drove me barmy!

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
      Following your advice Steve I have now moved my loudspeakers from the west wall of our lounge to the north wall, so that I can listen to music at he correct pitch.
      Surely it depends on which pitch you are listening from? This time of year I find cricket pitches are the most quiet whereas football and rugby pitches tend to be quieter during the summer months.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithL View Post
        I have studiously resisted joining FB...until this week. ....I shall probably kill my account in a couple of weeks, though. I joined Linked In once. I had so much junk mail, it nearly drove me barmy!
        Danger, Danger. I'm told that once on FB, you can check out, but you can never leave! Your data is theirs forever. And maybe people who know you, will find you and (foolishly) think they can continue to communicate with you. Like that bloke who gave up Facebook, and found out, too late, he was supposed to be driving the groom to the wedding 150 miles away. Thats what people are like on Facebook. Apparently. Don't be tempted to do it.

Or you might get the "nag". Which is an intrusive part of Facebooks business methods. Where people you know, nag you to join Facebook so they "can communicate with you". And when I ask why they cant send me a message from Facebook. They say (they believe) that Facebook blocks picture sharing and sending messages to other systems or email. Why are they telling me bad things about Facebook and then ask me to join at the same time?
        Olympus OM-D E-M5 mk3. Yes I'm ahead of you!
        My Pics Digikam, Gimp, Kubuntu Inkscape

Comment

Originally posted by ian p View Post
          Danger, Danger. I'm told that once on FB, you can check out, but you can never leave! Your data is theirs forever. And maybe people who know you, will find you and (foolishly) think they can continue to communicate with you. Like that bloke who gave up Facebook, and found out, too late, he was supposed to be driving the groom to the wedding 150 miles away. Thats what people are like on Facebook. Apparently. Don't be tempted to do it.

Or you might get the "nag". Which is an intrusive part of Facebooks business methods. Where people you know, nag you to join Facebook so they "can communicate with you". And when I ask why they cant send me a message from Facebook. They say (they believe) that Facebook blocks picture sharing and sending messages to other systems or email. Why are they telling me bad things about Facebook and then ask me to join at the same time?
          I achieved what I wanted, Ian, but thanks for the warning. One of the proprietors of NCC has now contacted me - at last, via FB! I've put VERY little on there. Just a bit of text. It's obviously very similar to Linked In in its business methods. My spam filter works wonders.....

Comment

Lay low for a while. Until the heat is off.
            Olympus OM-D E-M5 mk3. Yes I'm ahead of you!
            My Pics Digikam, Gimp, Kubuntu Inkscape

Comment

Me too!

I tried to send "Me too!" but messages have to be at least 10 characters.

So I will just add - Life is too short....
              Peter J

OM-D E-M1 OMD-E-M5ii Various Olympus lenses

Comment

Me too ! .
                Ed

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

Comment

Working...
                X