Heads Up - New Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heads Up - New Firmware

On my way to download, I may be a little while.
    Ed

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

Comment

Originally posted by Bikie John View Post
      Just done the E-M1 and E-M5 without problems. As far as I can see major settings were left intact, but then I was only going from V2.0 to 2.1 on both. I think it tends to lose them if you do a bigger jump.

One thing I noticed - the updater program now shows a progress meter during the download phase. This is only a small change but a great comfort - so big thank you, Olympus.

John
      Yes I noticed that too, much better.
      Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
      Capture One Pro
      My flickr

Comment

Yes and 9 minutes 28 seconds does seem to drag when you are watching it!
        Ed

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

Comment

Originally posted by Bikie John View Post
          One thing I noticed - the updater program now shows a progress meter during the download phase. This is only a small change but a great comfort - so big thank you, Olympus.
          John
          Unfortunately the download link for the Camera Updater program on the Olympus UK site has yet to be updated and still points to v1.0.3.

If you want the v1.2 Updater you need to use the Olympus EU or Olympus America websites.
          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Gwyver View Post
            Unfortunately the download link for the Camera Updater program on the Olympus UK site has yet to be updated and still points to v1.0.3.

If you want the v1.2 Updater you need to use the Olympus EU or Olympus America websites.
            I think if you open Olympus Viewer 3 it will check for new updates and install them before proceeding. You can then use 'Update' in the menu bar to open Camera Updater and update from there.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
              I think if you open Olympus Viewer 3 it will check for new updates and install them before proceeding. You can then use 'Update' in the menu bar to open Camera Updater and update from there.

Ron
              Ron,
              Thanks but...
              .... I don't find this a sufficiently good reason for installing Olympus Viewer on my computer (OV is too slow and tedious to use, and other s/w such as Lightroom fits my requirements much better).
              Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Olybirder View Post

Ron
                I can't remember which came first now, the E-M1 firmware 2.0 or the OV3 update to 1.4 (& Updater to 1.2)? That's right, we all grabbed the firmware a little earlier than the software & updated manual, if I remember correctly & so I didn't see they had finally given us a download progress indicator, but not before time (since every other software download gives you a progress bar).
                Ross
                I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

2.1 is flawed so updated to 2.2!
                  Stuff from Cuba
                  More stuff from Cuba
                  It all started here

Comment

Thanks for that, all this talk of version 1.2 had me baffled but have now gone to the EU site and got me a nice shiny Ver 1.2 updater.

Comment

Working...
                    X