Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Rock festival Monmouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock festival Monmouth

Went to this music festival last sunday its on all week and free, Photo of the Toxic Twins an Aerosmith Tribute band, and was excellent to watch and see perform.
    Photo from the gig taken with the EM5 75mm f1.8 lens iso 3200 no noise reduction.

Dave

Toxic Twins 119119 by daveart1000, on Flickr

Toxic Twins 074074 by daveart1000, on Flickr
    My Published Book: http://www.blurb.com/my/book/detail/2771168

Re: Rock festival Monmouth

Great atmosphere in these pictures, Dave. I bet the 75mm was ideal for this job.
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Hi John it was perfect, It would have been a struggle with the E30 quality wise and speed the singer did not stand still for 1 second. and the lighting was bad they were more focused on the audiance the the performers they wre mainly back lite, hence 3200 and 6400 iso wide open at between 1/80th and 1/250th second shutter speeds.

One guy with a Nikon gave up trying, and kept looking at me with a puzzuled look, don't no why.

Any way many thanks John for your comment.

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave, I somehow missed these first time round.

Well done catching them, the conditions look pretty difficult. It continues to amaze me how many "professional" light setups put most of the light on the background or audience rather than the performers. I suppose it is because when we are looking we can pick up on what we are interested in, but it shows up much worse in photos.

You've caught a lot of energy there, good stuff.

Other John

Comment

Thanks John, for your comments, a few times I got burnt out images cause some one randomly blasted with High power flood lights, to give an Idea when you are looking towards the stage all you got was brilliant white light, you just could not see anything else, what do the think of when they do this sort of thing.

Dave

Comment

Yup, been there, done that. Thank goodness for digital cameras and large memory cards, it means you can keep shooting and don't have to fret about the failures.

John

Comment

Working...
            X