Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

I have a guilty secret.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a guilty secret.

I've just bought a second hand....

Panasonic G6.

So far I'm impressed with it as a camera, but the WiFi function seems to be pants.

I'll get my coat and resign my membership and if the committee requests it. I'll even fall on my sword.

In my defence (I know a vain attempt after this shocking news.) I will be keeping my E-PM1, E-PL5, E-P3, E500 and E510. (I know so many cameras so little talent!) However I have had a Panny 45-200 lens for a year and recently bought a Samyang 85mm. The shame
    Too many cameras!
    E-500, E-510, EPM1, EPL5, EP3, EP5, OM-D E M10, OM-D E M5, Trip 35mm, Samsung WP10 and Panasonic G6 plus lots of lenses many manual focus.

Photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/42941818@N07/

Re: I have a guilty secret.

Well, banned for life I say...

Enjoy the G6 matey
    John

Comment

Shhh ... But I've got a G1!
      Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

I buy nearly all my kit "Second" hand...

I usually wait for the price drop on the high street to filter down to eBay prices and then buy what I want.

Also I really don't want all the hassle that goes with getting the latest model, unless it is something VERY special as was the E-3 when it first came out.

Have fun

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

I have a G1 and a samyang 85mm, but even with a few sigma lenses as well the vast majority of my gear is olympus. The majority of my gear has always been second hand (and sometimes sold as spares or repairs), in fact the only new camera I have bought was my very first E-410 kit. One of the best things I have found about olympus kit is it is relatively cheap second hand, which means I can have more toys!

Cheers,

Ralph.

Comment

Ever since I bought into to mFT I have always tended to regard Panasonic and Olympus as two flavours of the same dish. Possibly my favourite mFT setup was OMD-EM5 and Panasonic 20mm f1.7 lens.

mFT now all gone apart from a few oddments but I still have a nice working, recently tidied up, OM10 (with a film in it!) and some OM Zuiko lenses which I use on my Sony A7

Comment

I have managed to upload photos from my G6 to Nexus7. Not easy and using NFC. But it works!
              Too many cameras!
              E-500, E-510, EPM1, EPL5, EP3, EP5, OM-D E M10, OM-D E M5, Trip 35mm, Samsung WP10 and Panasonic G6 plus lots of lenses many manual focus.

Comment

LOL I just converted my G3 for IR as I wanted to keep the M5 as my 2nd body to the M1 so we are all guilty somewhere down the line

Comment

Red card time just let me get my G3 to record it. Oops.
                  Ed

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

Comment

I am am not ready to fully commit
                    I use my G6 with the 12-60 to do video
                    ...or the electronic shutter at choral concerts...

...and I have a little SZ5 that has rock band proof microphones...
                    chris
                    shetland

Comment

Wow! I'm really relieved! I wasn't looking forward to falling on my sword. It's rather rusty and dirty and I might have caught something nasty.
                      Too many cameras!

Comment

Working...
                      X